Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Spanish researchers link MSG with inc...

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » Spanish researchers link MSG with increased appetite « Previous Next »

Carol H
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 12:47 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Finally, they made the leap! Finally! Researchers found that MSG increased appetite 40% in test animals.
http://www.euroresidentes.com/Blogs/2005/12/scientists-in-spain-link-additive-to.htm

Scientists finally made the connection that, Gee Whiz, MSG might just be responsible for the new obesity epidemic. It may just work that way in people, because it works by affecting areas in the brain that regulate hunger in both people and animals. And finally it made the news. Thank you - scientists in Europe. Thank you for doing this research for us. It is greatly appreciated. Spread the word folks....
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 11:17 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hurray!!!! Years ago at one of our NoMSG board meetings we said that scientists from some other smaller country would be more forthcoming if they made the MSG connection to obesity and other ailments and would report it before ours did. Everyone agreed. Spain has a long history of eating healthy foods. Good for them...bet they don't worry about what such news would do to their food industry.
Carol H
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 5:56 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

India is also turning away from foods that contain MSG. Indian food has traditionally been so flavorful due to the wonderful spices. Spices that don't include MSG. Indian food is the one cuisine I haven't yet tried to tackle simply due to its amazing complexity of flavors. In NJ I usually eat out for both Indian and Spanish. Right now I am allergic to beef and so Indian is great for me. They serve lamb - a meat high in taurine. And Spanish cuisine is centered on seafood. Wonderful cuisines - both. And neither rely on MSG. A word of caution here: Spanish and Latino are not the same. Many foods favored by Latinos in America are processed - like Goya Sazon and have MSG added. I think many of these processed American-Latino foods are what contributes to the asthma troubles of Americans of Latino heritage. Portugese and Spanish cuisine is a different matter - it includes plenty of seafood and fresh herbs. My favorite dish is shrimp with green sauce. Imagine a huge plate a foot and a half across filled with shrimp and smothered in a sauce of bright green fresh herbs and fresh garlic. Add a loaf of fresh bread. Talk about being in heaven. Boy, do I love food still.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 3:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Citizens of India may be turning away from MSG, but their government has been known to cave to corporate pressure.

http://www.mcspotlight.org/media/press/kentucky.html
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 8:24 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, you have my mouth watering...can you give us an idea of what herbs are in the sauce? Is it a cream sauce...olive oil sauce, etc.? I would like to try making something like that at home.
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 8:28 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would like to wish an old fashioned, and perhaps not politically correct, "Merry Christmas"! to those who are celebrating this wonderful holiday. Remember to be careful around all those tempting treats, and please stay well. Happy New Year and may it be a safe and happy one for all of you! A big hug and good wishes to all my friends here. May God bless you abundantly.
Carol H
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 1:49 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb, I found one variation of shrimp with green sauce that sounds similar to what I have had http://www.post-gazette.com/food/20030403count0403fnp1.asp
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 6:29 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kansst du mir ein Speisekarte zeigen ?xsq

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page