Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

A nice snipit from Newstarget.com

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Media Reports and Letters Related to the Issue » A nice snipit from Newstarget.com « Previous Next »

patrick
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 8:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Taking extreme taste to the next level

..Remember, all the food marketing companies out there are going to try to get you hooked on even more intense flavors and tastes, because they have to outdo the previous batch of food products. As peoples' senses become numb, they need even more stimulation to get excited and take notice of foods. That's why we now have "extreme nachos" loaded with MSG, a chemical taste enhancer that has harmful effects on the nervous system.
We see MSG in so many foods because people no longer have the sensory acuity to even notice tastes. They have to use these artificial chemicals to get peoples' tongues to register anything. And this is why we even see these chemicals used in natural food products. Check the ingredient labels on those foods, and you'll find autolyzed yeast extract, hydrolyzed vegetable protein and other additives. These are all different forms of monosodium glutamate, or chemical taste enhancers, designed to get your tongue to notice you're eating something. And they're only used because you've blown away your sense of taste via taste inflation.
Carol H
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 9:10 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Patrick, I noticed "taste inflation" when I worked at Thomas J.Lipton - a HUGE user of MSG and HVP. The taste testers were often employees. After a while the junk started to taste normal to them. That is why their products were so salty and processed - they think that is normal. Lipton now goes by the name Unilever. It is Lipton and Unilever I was thinking of when I came up with the term "unfood". They are the poster children for things like powdered lemon flavor and boullion cubes, and powdered cheese. Things that have been turned into "Unfood".
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 9:07 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ich can mich an dich uberhaupt nicht errinern.wxw

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page