Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Femring, Estradiol, taurine, and MSG ...

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Scientific Information » Femring, Estradiol, taurine, and MSG reactions « Previous Next »

Carol H
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 4:40 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just saw an ad for a product for menopause symptoms called Femring which contains estradiol. Estradiol lowers taurine in the body. This may make a woman more prone to MSG reactions, seizures, and stroke. The side effects listed are headaches and cardiovascular in nature (sound MSG-related, don't they?). If I were MSG-sensitive - which I am - if my doctor prescribed this for me -I'd run. Hot flashes pass, a stroke is not that easy to get over.
Deb A.
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 7:10 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, I'm unclear about estrogen replacement. I know that the manmade estradial and other HRT's are considered a health risk by many now. Do you know anything about the phytoestrogen creams out there?...are they just as controversial or dangerous? Hot flashes are not fun, now that I have cut back on my Climara patch...am weaning myself off them. I can't do the soy thing that everyone talks about and suggests. Any suggestions or info would be appreciated, big time!
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 7:13 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Estradiol is claimed to both decrease taurine, and to protect against glutamate toxicity.

http://www.darkdog.com/whatistaurine.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=12604781&dopt=Abstract
Carol H
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 6:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting.... how does it do both, I wonder? Thanks, Roy, I'll look into it more. Perhaps it may mean taking more taurine while on one of these medications, Deb.
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 11:05 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, guys. I'm still in a quandry as to the safety of the natural plant estrogen creams vs. the HRTs that are prescriptions, like the estradial patches I was using....or the pills people are concerned about, like Estrace. I wonder if they all have potential to cause cancer and other problems associated with estrogen.
DJ
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 1:02 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI Everyone!

I tried to post this morning detailing my experience with the natural plant estrogen cream
that I used about 5 years ago....but the post didn't take.

To be very brief, it was AWFUL!! I spent the
entire night trying to sleep, but had severe light
flashes behind my eyes..... I would NOT recommend the creams (made from the wild Yam) to any of us NoMSGers......
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 2:15 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, DJ..I had better do some more research.
jeanne
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 5:42 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A., Have you looked into compounded hormones? They are regulated just like a drug, in other words a Dr. has to perscribe them. They are also under very strict guidelines as they are made and I believe can be trusted. I have found a gynecologist who works with me. The hormones are plant extracts of Estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. They come in various forms to get them into your system. I took the capsules for over a year which I believe led to the start of some of my MSG related problems. I didn't know that the gelatin capsule was toxic as was the soy filler inside! Between the pharmacist and I we made the connection that those capsules weren't for me. He made up a troche which is like a hard candy that melts under the tongue. It didn't have any soy or gelatin in it. I beleive he said it had a yam base. The pharmacist can make the three (or more) hormones up separately until you get the right formulas. Then after you get the formula tweeked just right, he can make up all the hormones into one troche. The formula is adjusted by how you feel, how your skin looks, hot flashes, libido etc.
I just changed pharmacists and the current one has me on a dissolve under the tongue type pill. It's smaller and dissolves alot faster than the troche. Either way though the troche or pill are pretty convenient. I asked about soy in the pill knowing it is a problem now and was told that it doesn't contain any.
I would be careful with the natural progesterone creams like DJ used. Their potentcy varies from product to product and from jar to jar. And without a real precise way to measure them, you could get a variance that way too.
Good luck in your search, those hot flashes are something else to put up with!
Carol H
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 8:56 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb and Jeanne, I wonder this too : since taurine is the body's natural water-soluble anti-oxidant (like CoQ10 is the body's natural fat-soluble antioxidant) what if it's not that the pills CAUSE cancer, but rather, indirectly promote it, by reducing taurine, which PROTECTS us from cancer? If that is truly what happens, then perhaps MSG, by interfering with cysteine metabolism and the formation of taurine, as well as using up our stores of CoQ10 by overstimulating nerve cells, would put us at risk of cancer indirectly as well. Consider also the fact that most acid reflux prescriptions contain magnesium as their active ingredient, and that acid reflux - exacerbated by histamine (which is increased by MSG) is linked to cancer of the esophagus. Hmmmmm. Is taurine and or CoQ10 also low in those with acid reflux who develop cancer?
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 10:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, when are you going to write that book I know is in you??????? Everything you said makes sense.
Carol H
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 12:55 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As soon as I can sleep a little more.. I pulled another all-nighter last nite. My business isn't quite off the ground yet. I am sitting here with no sleep since yesterday morning - the things I wrote don't make sense to ME today :)

For now, maybe I can just stitch all my postings together from the past 4 years.......

As for good news - my antibodies no longer test positive for chicken allergy. So, it is possible to eventually get rid of some food allergies. I havn't been using antacids for awhile, and I just lost two food allergies, apples, and chicken, so maybe there is hope yet.... But, I'm still allergic to carrots. Bummer....I hope Jerry didn't think I was teasing, I really am allergic to carrots still..
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 11:00 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, sure hope you keep getting rid of those food allergies. I'm curious...I was reacting to carrots for awhile and then I learned that they had been sprayed with AuxiGro. Someone reported here, later, that the largest grower of carrots had decided to stop using AuxiGro, so I tried some and did fine. Just wondered if you had tried some bad carrots, or if the extract used in your testing contained glutamate from AuxiGro....probably sounds crazy, huh? You know me...love to find answers! :)
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 11:07 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeanne, I really appreciate your input. I missed your post until today. I've worked with a compound pharmacist in the past, and may just try it again. There are tests going on right now about the safety of using just strogen alone, which is what I have used for a few years following my hysterectomy. Yep, those hot flashes are really the pits!
jeanne
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 5:28 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A. or anyone else who may know about migraines. I have been having some strange symptoms and wonder if I should be looking for a different doctor. I have had migraines for lots of years, the discovery of the MSG link has reduced many of them, but for about 2 weeks now I have been having bouts of double vision. Generally it happens after I bend forward or exert a little bit of energy. I called the neurologist today, but they seemed pretty casual about the whole matter. I have an appt. for Jan. 7 and the nurse seemed to think that was soon enough. I don't want to let this go!--It's my eyes!!! Thanks for any input!
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 5:57 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeanne,
Raise the noise level and get yourself in to see the neurologist fast, strange symptoms and bouts of double vision are nothing to fool around with. Not to scare you but these symptoms are consistant with TIAs, tumors, and some other nasties. Of course, it could be just weird migraine symptoms, and I hope it is, but don't take a chance. If the nurse will not accomodate you immediately you go in and sit there until you are seen, follow him around the hospital on his rounds or otherwise stick to him like glue, or get another doctor fast. Do whatever you have to do to get seen. The nurse is not the one having the problem and she doesn't have the training the doctor does, obviously, or she wouldn't think January 7 is soon enough. This is no time to be meek and take January 7 for an answer. Let your doctor know that you will be seen right away or name him in a malpractice suit if something is seriously wrong that he is ignoring and it leads to further damage that could have been avoided. That will get his attention fast. Of course, you might want to be a bit extra charming about it and couch it in terms of that someone told you you could be seriously ill and you just want him to check you over and make sure that isn't true, just to put your mind at rest for Christmas, just a little favor, for little old silly me. Just do whatever you need to do to take good care of yourself.
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 8:09 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good advice, anon. I would recommend the same thing.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 2:06 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeanne,

I agree. Your new symptoms should be addressed now. It could be more than your eyes involved.

http://www.poconorecord.com/lifestyl/alh14389.htm
Carol H
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 10:46 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeanne,

I don't mean to scare you either, but bad headaches sent me to my doctor, and it turned out I had a pituitary tumor. They are quite common, but the pituitary is located under the brain, and behind the eyes. Often it is trouble with vision that gets people properly diagnosed, because the usually benign tumors can get large enough to press on the optic nerve. These kinds of tumors can easily be treated with medicine - mine was. The test used to diagnose it is an MRI, but they must be looking for it, because these can be very tiny and still cause a lot of trouble. Mine was 5mm, the medicine shrank it to 2 mm, now I will be going for another MRI to make sure it is almost gone. Don't be afraid, but do try to find a doctor who will call for an MRI to rule out pituitary adenoma (benign tumor). You may get rid of those headaches too - mine disappeared. I was heavily exposed to aspartame, which is why I think I got this tumor. I do firmly believe that these may be linked to either MSG ingestion and/or aspartame. MSG decreases dopamine levels in the brain. The medication that shrank my tumor is a dopamine agonist - it acts in the opposite way of MSG. Please let us know how you do...
Donna
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 6:38 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol I have a friend that is extremely sensitive to MSG and she is being treated for a pituitary tumor.
Carol H
Posted on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 11:40 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you, Donna. I don't think these things are coincidence. A good friend of mine also is MSG sensitive and is also being treated for the same kind of pituitary tumor, and is taking the same kind of treatment. The "experts" still don't have an explanation for these types of tumors yet.

I was just at the allergist's office today reading Discover magazine. They listed the top scientific mysteries they don't have answers for yet. Guess what were in the top 4?
They don't know why asthma cases are skyrocketing.
They don't yet understand obesity, and
they can't figure out what causes Alzheimer's disease.
Gee, if they just talked to us first. We could've solved half the world's scientific mysteries in no time ;)
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 2:08 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The study linked below concluded that monosodium glutamate causes insulin resistance. It is obvious to me why we are seeing an epidemic of obesity in this country.

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0100-879X1997000500016&lng=en&nrm=iso&tln
jeanne
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 5:33 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, I'm back! I finally got into the neurologist office yesterday--I've been calling since a week after Thanksgiving. He was gone for two weeks and the 7th was the first day I could get in. I called twice and left messages with the 'on-call' Dr. I made no progress at all.
I took my husband with me since he is great moral support and a very analytical thinker. He can ask questions that I would never think of! I have had migraines nearly every day or so since Thanksgiving. I have tried many different preventatives in the last 1 1/2 years but have yet to find a workable one. I am now to the point of 'rebounding' with my current perscription pain med. I am sure glad I made the connection between MSG and headaches because--believe it or not, things could be much worse.
The doctors appt. went well, I felt like the doc really listened, answered questions and offered advice, then sent me over to have an MRI. It will be early next week before I can get in to see what the doc has read on the MRI films. He did say that the double vision concerns him and could be a symptom of complicated migraines or MS. Well, that is one thing I never thought I would hear. I just pray that this is not the case (the MS). I really do want him to find something and be able to give me some answers. The people in the ER have seen me a few too many times in the last few months!
I will keep you all posted with the answers that come my way. Thanks to everyone for all your advice and support!
Deb A.
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 7:37 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeanne, I wish you the best. This must be very frustrating for you. I read (I think it was Dr. Blaylock's book) that he believes that neurological disorders like MS are caused by glutamate toxicity.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 11:15 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They are working on glutamate blockers to arrest MS:

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m1200/2_157/58726367/p1/article.jhtml
Deb A.
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 7:13 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm very grateful that you found that article, Roy. My friend's daughter is away at school and was just diagnosed with MS. I have been trying to reach this friend for a couple years, as she suffers from migraine headaches and depression and her son has ADD and behavioral problems. She listens, tells me how much better she is feeling when she is careful, but later I will see her in the grocery store and her cart is filled with "garbage". I have watched as all her children have become as obese as she is...and I truly believe that MSG and glutamate cause obesity. She knows it's MSG that's causing her own problems, but it's like these foods have complete control over her....addiction in every sense of the word.
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 11:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know if my headaches are MSG induced or tension, or sinus or what--could it be that the headaches are caused by less estrogen in my system since switching to the Estring in December 03? Anyone else have similar problem? Help! Aleve, Advil and other similar meds haven't helped!
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 3:55 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What are the ingredients in the Estring? I am in the process of slowly eliminating my estrogen patch...down to 1/4th of my original...no added headaches for me....doctor said I may notice some fatigue at first...and I admit I am a little more forgetful...but that's nature and age!
I remember when nothing would touch my headaches, and the only relief I had was eliminating all hidden forms of glutamate, MSG, aspartame, and sulfites.....try a strict MSG free diet for awhile and you will know if you are MSG sensitive.
Lisa Marie
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 6:47 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did anyone see Suzanne Sommers on Larry King? She was talking about "bioidentical hormones" which she takes as opposed to the synthetic ones. (I am posting under this thread as this is not really about MSG per se) I went to google and here are the first links I found.

http://www.hormoneprofile.com/

http://www.hormoneprofile.com/replacehrt.htm

http://www.hormoneprofile.com/bioidentical.htm

It seems like you must be tested frequently when taking these hormones, and her premise is that all of us could benefit from replacement therapy but only based on our specific hormonal deficits. Then taking compounded hormones would bring our bodies into "balance." She did mention that she eats whole foods, eats no refined starches & sugars and nothing hydrogenated.
Carol H
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 8:54 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Based on the book "Our Stolen Future" I am concerned with Ms. Sommers approach. When you take too much of a hormone like the estrogen found in soy, say, the body tends to shut down its own production - that may not be a good thing. There is a very real problem right now with endocrine disruptors. MSG is an endocrine disruptor too. Ms. Sommers is giving endocrine disruptors a very different spin than the scientists. Plants developed them to prevent us - the predator species - from getting too numerous and wiping them out. Reminds me of the baby formula manufacturers called the damaging free amino acids they created "comfort proteins".
Lisa Marie
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 3:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Carol. I am not advocating what she says, I was concerned about it. I used a hormone replacement patch for 8 years-before I made the MSG connection. Then, I realized that the patch was actually exacerbating my condition, and I have been off of it since October. Also, I thought if you had any diagnosis of the breast, uterus or ovary, the idea was NOT to take hormone supplementation. Yet she is continuing it.
jeanne
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 5:26 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting subject these hormones! I have been on bioidentical hormones since my hysterectyomy 2 1/2 yrs ago. This seems to be when my MSG problems started and when the migraines I had been diagnosed with really became a problem. The headaches had always been a problem, but now even eating clean for 4 months now I still experience 12 or more headaches a month. This has completely disrupted life as I knew it. My neurologist suggested I get off the hormones, as he feels they contribute to the headaches. I want to, but don't know how without going thru the worst headache I've ever known. Also I haven't heard from anyone who had tried this--does it really make the headaches go away? Anyone out there tried this or know someone who has?
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 6:00 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As a woman who suffers from "menstual migraines" I think you should be suspect of the hormones as the major cause of your headaches. Menstrual migraines are caused by either an increased level of hormones or a decreased level or both. I am MSG free now and the only migraines I suffer from anymore are these.
Hope that helps!
jeanne
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 3:15 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Anonymous, I had the menstrual migraines before too-they were killers! They were definitely brought a fluxuation in hormones. I had an appt. today with a Dr. at the Houston Headache Clinic. They seem to have a good program going with different ways to help me. I want to give them a try--although I will be researching before I sign up to do all the things they want to try.
The doc agreed with me when I mentioned that MSG was a trigger for headaches. Just agreement though, nothing further was offered as far as a professional opinion.
gail rich
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 2:54 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dr. recently inserted Femring for vaginal dryness. Has anyone experienced worse acid reflux because of this ring? Had hysterectomy 11 years ago. Have not taken hormone replacement therapy regularly. Also on Nature-thyroid for low thyroid. Have not slept well since receiving this Hrt because of severe nausea. thanks, I have enjoyed your posts. Very informative. nanas3kids
Deb A.
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 5:45 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You need to find out what all the ingredients in the Femring are. There may be something in it that you are allergic to. If you are reactive to MSG, then there could be a source of glutamate in it, also.
Are you reacting to the Nature-thyroid? You might try some other thyroid medication. I am on 112 mg. of Levoxyl. When I was first diagnosed with a sluggish thyroid (1995), I was just learning about my MSG sensitivity and how to eat correctly. Since that time, my ability to avoid MSG has increased and my medication strength has decreased. I needed 1.75 mg. for years, but now only need 112mg. 6 days a week. My doctor keeps lowering the amount, which he says is not the norm. MSG effects the endocrine system, and messes us the hypothalamus, which controls the thyroid gland. Acid reflux is a typical reaction to MSG. You may be eating something every day that contains a source of MSG. Most vitamins and supplements contain sources of glutamate in their fillers, binders, coatings, and gel caps, themselves.
Carol H
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 - 7:56 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gail, unfortunately, estradiol which is in Femring, reduces levels of taurine. Taurine helps reduce symptoms of MSG reactions. I was put on an estradiol product and regularly take taurine now to counteract its effects. As for acid reflux - MSG increases histamine response. Histamine worsens acid reflux according to my MD. Also, my doctor told me not to eat shortly before bed, to avoid caffeine and chocolate, and to go easy on tomatoes and acidic fruit juices. These foods also increase reflux.
Carol H
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 7:21 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another related report:http://www2.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-01/jaaj-uoe011305.php
Could the fact that estradiol in estrogen therapy lowers taurine levels, be the reason for the gall bladder troubles? Add this to the fact that MSG reactions would be worse and that people without gall bladders still get pains from eating MSG.
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 9:02 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting, from a woman's viewpoint. Are we seeing an increase in gall bladder disease in men that parallels that in women?
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 4:40 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Estrogen protects primary cortical neurons from glutamate toxicity.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=retrieve&db=pubmed&list_uids=8823751&dopt=Abstract
Betty
Posted on Monday, November 07, 2005 - 10:14 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello every one,My 15 year old daughter has a pituitary tumor which is being controled by medication. Her last blood test show her estrodial very very low. She has never had a period. Doc says the only way to bring up her estrodial is to put her on birth control pills but we can't because estrogen counteracts the meds she has to take to keep her tumor from growing again. catch 22. Severe Migraines longest one 18 days long. They Usually come on after she eats. duh!!! Currently out of school 2 wks + Books on the way! Anyone is her estrodial being so low caused from glutemic acid as well? and fasted way to purge body of toxicity? Any help greatly appreciated!!
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 3:06 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Perhaps the low estrodiol levels are making her more susceptible to MSG. The researcher linked below states "We have found the estradiol protects against glutamate-mediated damage in the hippocampus".

http://neuroscience.umaryland.edu/faculty/default.asp?ID=11
Carol H
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 6:40 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Betty, I have a pituitary tumor too. How long has your daughter been on the meds? She is only 15. I only got my period when I was her age. The tumor makes the periods stop. My endocrinologist told me any blood is a sign that the meds for the tumor are working. It took a while for the period to start up again. My tumor was prolactin-secreting. The tumor meds made my period come back. The thing now is, I have too much estrogen and the periods are too heavy. I actually need the pill now to make the bleeding stop. (Sorry for all the brutal details.) If it were me - I wouldn't worry so much about the estradiol being low. Because of the tumor, her body may think it is pregnant. That may be why the estradiol is low. I'd worry about the tumor first. What caused me to seek medical help and how the tumor was diagnosed was because my period stopped for 6 months and I had excruciating headaches. After treatment with Dostinex, the headaches stopped, my periods came back and the tumor began to shrink. She should absolutely avoid MSG and aspartame. These will lower dopamine levels. Dopamine is what shrinks the tumor. MSG and aspartame will interfere with her meds.
Carol H
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 6:43 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Betty, some more information about pituitary tumors can be found here:
http://www.pituitary.com/
Betty
Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 1:37 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Carol, Practically memorized that site! My daughter was diagnosed 10/1/03 with macroprolactinoma, about the size of a golfball, massive pressure on the optic ciasim. She was diagnosed on 18th day of worst migraine ever. treated with bromocriptine from 7.5mg daily to 2.5mg daily with normal prolactin levels. Can't find the cause of very low estrodial(estrogen) and doctors won't even investigate. Kaiser Permenente medical coverage sucks!!Health has declined and convinced glutemate is the cause. She has never drank anything diet or eatin low fat diet foods. Aspartame canot be a factor with her unless it is hidden as much as glutemate. Read somewhere though that aspartame breaks down to aspartate which inturn breaks down to glutemic acid. Still searching why estrodial is low and what is the cause. In terms that I can comprehend! I feel so helpless because doctor doesn't believe it and that I'm crazy. I"m So drained but I know I have to keep going to help save her. She is so bad with this that I fear for her life! The more I research the more complacated it all becomes! I'm so overwelmed! I feel almost beaten! I know I don't dare but that is how I feel I'm sure its probably depression from it too. Thanks for listening. I can be emailed at dbandj3@yahoo.com if anyone has anything else to tell me. Thanks.
Carol H
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 11:26 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Betty, your daughter is so lucky that they found it. That is incredibly large - mine was only 5mm big. Bromocriptine is the older medication. Cabergoline is the newer one with the brand name Dostinex. Dostinex makes me tired - but I am not taking nearly as much medicine as your daughter. The medication really takes its toll on me and I only have to take it once a week. I get so tired I just want to sleep the day away. Please let me know how your daughter is doing. You can email me at carol@msgtruth.org I'll keep up by email with you. P.S. my internist who diagnosed me believes I need a little extra medication for depression when I take the cabergoline. Unfortunately, these medications do have side effects, but the alternative - not taking the tumor meds is just not an option...
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 2:21 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ich can mich an dich uberhaupt nicht errinern.mwx
Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 6:04 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kansst du mir ein Speisekarte zeigen ?qvs
Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 12:36 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

osmosis:pedagogical smallpox?regiments
formant!accesses apes!sleepless rooms free games hold em splicers broiling assented bishops play hold em for free without downloading acyclic scalding induced free shareware games hold em
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:56 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now they can use paint to make the tumor cells glow for more thorough removal.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-07/char-tpr070907.php
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 9:45 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Amazing!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page