Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Atrial fibrillation

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Scientific Information » Atrial fibrillation « Previous Next »

Roy Piwovar
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 4:20 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Linked below is a report that discusses atrial fibrillation and glutamate:

http://www.afibbers.org/conference/session5.pdf
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 7:59 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Our super sleuth has hit upon a good one again!
Thanks, Roy.
Deb A.
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 8:01 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm going to try taking my powdered B6 and magnesium orotate more regularly now.
Ted
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 5:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Query:

Is there a way to find out if almonds and/or walnuts grown in California are (even if they are labeled organic) are subjected to chemical "help"? ((auxi-gro comes to mind))

the organic walnuts are subject to the - Walnut Marketing Board - (specific source...."Ferrari Farms Inc." -

can help? Roy, et al?

Ted
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 1:52 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ted,

In the link below is a statement that some organic growers use pesticides:
http://www.croplifeamerica.org/public/issues/fqpa/pdf/california.pdf
(scroll most of the way down for walnuts)

This next link confirms that Auxigro is used on almond trees:

http://www.edfvc.com/viewpr.asp?PressID=117
Ted
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 5:04 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Roy,

Where will it end?
Ted
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 6:43 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

While we are on the subject, what about oranges, organic or otherwise?
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 2:33 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ted,

Oranges are a special target of the makers of AuxiGro:

http://www.emeraldbio.com/nutrx.html
Jerry Story
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 4:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

About auxigro:

How much auxigro am I getting in my carrot juice and orange juice? Is it enough to be concerned about?
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 2:17 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jerry,

Per the recent post below, one of the largest growers of carrots says they have abandoned use of AuxiGro. This is not the time to stop consuming carrots when they seem to be helping you:

"By Valerie on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 11:57 am:
Good news! I called Grimmway farms and they told me they no longer use Auxigro on conventional or organic carrots."

The makers of AuxiGro seem to be in the test marketing stage regarding their special formula for Florida citrus crops. If or when it will go into widespread use is apparently undecided at this point.

If anyone starts getting MSG reactions to oranges, or to carrots again, maybe they should post it on this board.
Deb A.
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 7:28 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great suggestion, Roy. It used to be used primarily on root crops like onions and potatoes, but it sure is branching out. Jack Samuels said that he wrote to inventor of AuxiGro. He learned that his wife has fibromyalgia..she helped her husband develop AuxiGro for years...but when Jack suggested that may be why she has FMS, he just got mad. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Oh, the sacrifices people will make for the almighty buck.
Ted
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 9:34 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy,

Do you happen to know if California is in full swing with auxigro on the orange trees there?
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 2:36 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ted,

It sounds like AuxiGro is test marketing for orange trees in Florida first.
Ted
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 4:26 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy,

I have quit almonds and walnuts as well as oranges from California. If the af quits, I'll reintroduce oranges and see.
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 8:31 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ted,

You may want to reintroduce walnuts next. At this time, AuxiGro seems more likely to be used on almond trees. It may also help to try Coenzyme Q10 supplements as mentioned on the afibbers.org site.
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 3:00 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy - As usual, thanks for the great research. And almonds were my favorite munchie :(
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 5:24 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ME,

Maybe the almonds you're buying aren't ones spayed with AuxiGro. You may want to pay attention to how you feel before and after eating a particular brand.
MEMorrisNJ
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 3:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I eat the Trader Joe's raw ones with no problems but I do stay away from their roasted ones because they make me feel a little off.
Fran
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 9:46 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Been away for a while. Roy - the afibbers site is the site I am a member of (the same Fran). I have been plugging away with the problems associated with glutamate there for a couple of years now and hence why the discussion came up in the conference room. PC is a Dr of pathology who suffers AF himself. ITs great to have someone in the know get involved. At present he is looking for an underlying reason for the sensitivity though. Great if he finds out why - but in my mind it is just to dam much and the system has been overloaded - perhaps even changing or mutating gene expression.

By the by. I have stopped my AF through elimination of all free glutamate - but I do eat a lot of oranges and almonds. But I am in the UK and the oranges are more likley to be spanish and tha almonds are not American. I hope other countries don't start using it - or have they?

Fran
Roy Piwovar
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 11:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They probably have. Per their web site:

"In the United States, all of Emerald Bio's products are classified as "Exempt From the Requirement of a Tolerance." This classification allows for the broadest crop uses, and the most lenient user restrictions. Emerald Bio's products are registered in the United States by the Environmental Protection Agency and internationally by foreign regulatory agencies."

http://www.emeraldbio.com/frameset.html

note: In the brief time since my last posting to their site, they have changed things so that individual pages cannot be linked to directly. The quote above is from their "products" page.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page