|Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 3:43 pm: || |
The question has been raised as to what is different in the bodies of us who are sensitive to MSG and a few other things, and that of the majority of folks who have no problems at all with it.
Is there any available info on this that I have missed?
How about creating a poll? Can this be done on this board?
One think I have noted in my reading is that reference is made to hypoglycemia. It seems that our over stimulated nerves do not have enough sugar to burn after being fired up with MSG.
I do know that glycine is cumulative and will keep you sleepy. I have taken it with inositol to help me sleep at nite.
Here lately it seem I have become sensitive to everything. The 3mg of melatonin that used to do so well are now too much and I have cut back to .500 mcg. DHEA cascades into melatonin. L-tyrosine apparently cascades to triamines and acts like MSG.
So how can we make a comprehensive list of that which is common to us?
It is well and good that we get books telling us about the dangers of these substances, but how about these Doctors/researcher/authors getting a little closer to the problem? Namely the people who are doing the suffering.
|Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 8:25 pm: || |
I remember seeing an estimate somewhere that 30% of people are hypersensitive to MSG, although a lot of them haven't made the connection (yet). And I believe that even the remaining 70% can and will have problems with a higher dose of MSG, whether or not they make the connection.
So it may be that in actuality, it is a minority of people who "have no problems at all with it." How many of you can look back in hindsight and recognize reactions you used to have but were clueless at the time as to what brought on the symptoms?
|Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 8:10 pm: || |
Deb S., I've been reading as many of the recent postings and old ones as I can find time for. I found this one of yours to make so much sense. I can look back and see that my itchy skin, whenever we went to McDonalds, and my lightheadedness after eating lots of junk food with my friends, along with a constantly running nose, were all caused by MSG. In the last two weeks, I have been trying (and sometimes failing) to avoid MSG. I gave up diet drinks, and I can say that I am starting to feel better than I have in a very long time. I hope my friends will listen to me. My mom has headaches and has tried all kinds of medications. She is starting to read here, too. Thanks for all you do for people like us. Deb A., I have ordered your book and look forward to receiving it. I am curious about dry milk and milk in general. Is there a safer milk? I want to make sure I get calcium.
|Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 8:56 am: || |
Madison, milk in general is high in natural glutamate. When it is dehydrated at high temperatures, more free glutamate is created and it is also a more concentrated source of glutamate. Most fresh milk today, especially low fat milks, contain dry milk solids to pump up the thin creamless product. And some people complain that the bovine growth horomone given to cows causes health problems. These are some of the reasons why some of here use organic whole milk or none at all, or at least use it sparingly. You can get calcium from green vegetables, almonds, etc. You mentioned you have ordered our book. There is a page on vitamins and the foods rich in them. Be careful of supplements. They often contain fillers, binders and coatings that contain glutamate. I do okay with Tri-salts from Beyond-a-Century.com. But I only take 1/2 t. every few days. We are so programmed about vitamins that we forget that the best source is found in good foods, which you are eating more of now.
|Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2003 - 9:22 pm: || |
I agree with Deb S. The percentage of people with a sensitivity to msg is much higher. People just don't realize what they are reacting to. I run into people daily with what appears to be sensitivity to msg...but they are being treated with loads of medications, etc....and continuing to eat what they want. My work environment (VP of Nursing in an acute care hospital) is saturated with such. I think people just have to get fed up with feeling badly, then adopt a disciplined ingestion pattern. Life is good when we are good to our bodies.
|Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 10:08 am: || |
poker casino poker 850
|Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 4:40 pm: || |
Geben mir bitte eine Brotchenwns