Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Phosphatidylserine (PS) really helps...

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Scientific Information » Phosphatidylserine (PS) really helps « Previous Next »

Zoomer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 4:03 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phosphatidyl serine is, among other things, a building block of nerve cell membranes in the brain. It improves memory and lowers cortisol levels (the bad stress hormone). It is also a glutamate blocker.

I have used it for a few months and it is really effective. If I eat dinner in the evening and have an MSG reaction, I get brain fog and feel like I have a hangover for two to three hours. Later at night I usually wake up around 4am, sweating and with heart palpitation from the MSG. If I take PS the brain fog goes away quickly and my sleep is improved.

Taking too much PS in the evening will induce sleep and relaxation (due to lowering the cortisol level). The problem is that the effect will linger for several hours the following day and I feel tired and fatigued well into the afternoon.

It is best to take the PS around four hours before going to bed and gradually increase the dosage until you notice lingering fatigue the following day. I have used a Phosphatidylserine bulk powder to get it much cheaper and donít know how many milligrams I have been taking. The powder is also better than pills as it avoid binders and fillers and capsules that potentially could trigger an MSG reaction.

PS. If you have just discovered your MSG problem, it is better to begin by buying Debs book, follow the elimination diet and learn how to avoid all hidden sources of glutamate in your food. Use magnesium, taurine, Q10, NAC and gradually rebuild balance in your system. When that is done it is possible to add PS as a supplement.

More info at:
http://www.naturalnews.com/016646_Phosphatidylserine_Alzheimers.html
sara
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 7:13 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

where did you find it in bulk? I haven't looked but am interested as I take it
Zoomer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2013 - 1:57 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I buy it in the UK but if you google I am sure you can find it in the US. Even in bulk it is quite expensive.
sara
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2013 - 12:17 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it soy or sunflower based?

I found soy "bulk" but I want sunflower.

what I found was "pricey" especially to do a soy trial when I react to a lot of soy based things
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 6:35 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

for anyone that finds phosphatidylserine to lower cortisol too much (which is what we found, it was a very bad fit for us unfortunately) we have had amazing results with phosphatidylcholine. It helps with some of the same pathways. ours is soy based, I believe. I generally avoid soy both for thyroid and oxalate reasons, but this hasn't bothered me.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page