Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

CBS Genetic mutation / excitotoxicity

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Scientific Information » CBS Genetic mutation / excitotoxicity « Previous Next »

LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 8:42 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is an interesting link that I don't think I've posted before: http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigenomics.htm

It's long, so I suggest you either search for "excitotox" or just look at CBS.

My son has two copies of the CBS mutation (the worse one, C677T). If you read the description it has all of his symptoms -- excitotoxicity, adrenal issues, mood issues, anxiety, brain fog, and chronic fatigue. (I don't know if I have two or one, but I do know I have lead and mercury toxicity which makes it all worse).

I wonder how many on this board are CBS++ .

It makes me wonder how much we should be doing to avoid protein and if so, what else he could eat given that he eats little in the way of vegies. I think getting out the sulfur ingredients is higher on the list though. I'll post separately about that.
Jennifer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 6:11 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After reading this, and in light of much of the info on Dr. Mercola's site advocating healthy fat, I'm beginning to wonder that maybe eating more fat would be a good thing.

Although finding meat from pastured animals isn't always easy or affordable...I do think there's a huge difference between that and factory meat.

The articles on Dr. Mercola's site claim that saturated fat isn't the cause of heart disease or any other condition and is in fact very necessary for health. It's just that the studies showing a link haven't factored in the health of the animal providing the meat, or the degree of processing.

There was a study in Israel published recently comparing grocery store eggs and eggs from hens raised without corn or soy (traditional feed): "...After testing the participants in each group, the Israeli researchers confirmed that the grocery store eggs contributed to a 40% increase in LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels. In comparison, the participants who consumed two of the specialty feed-influenced, higher antioxidant eggs per day returned LDL oxidation levels similar to the control group who ate two to four eggs a week."

http://www.nutraceuticalsworld.com/contents/view_online-exclusives/2011-09-19/chicken-feed-eggs-cholesterol/

If you can get unprocessed, uncured, fatty, pastured bacon, maybe your son would like that? I mean, who doesn't like bacon?

You basically have a choice of carbs, protein, and fat - there are a few other sources but they don't really count as a normal diet. I wonder if the CBS+ variant is more prevalent in certain cultures? If so, what was their traditional diet?

Jennifer
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 10:36 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I make sausage with fatty ground pork that has no antibiotics or hormones added. Just add sage, marjoram, or other herbs you like, salt, pepper and a little sweetener...stevia, honey or cane sugar, (optional). Also add 2 T. water to 1 pound of meat. Make hot dog tasting patties by adding 1 or 2 t. of ground coriander, honey, a pinch of garlic, salt and pepper. A pinch of mace is also good in this...coriander is the main taste of hotdogs. For a smoky addition, add smoked sweet paprika (1/4 to 1/2 t.).
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 7:59 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the ideas!!! Adding more bacon is a great idea, as is sausage, to get more fat into him. (I save the bacon fat and use it in other dishes too). I agree with the idea of more animal fat from trusted sources. We do use a good bit of butter. I use coconut oil but my son doesn't care for it.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 10:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Add a tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil to his fruit smoothie and I bet he will like that.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page