Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Good Read on Sulfite, Cysteine, Glutm...

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Scientific Information » Good Read on Sulfite, Cysteine, Glutmate & ALS « Previous Next »

Jennifer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 9:20 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.encognitive.com/files/Cysteine,%20Sulfite,%20and%20Glutamate%20Toxicit--%20A%20Cause%20of%20ALS.pdf
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 9:13 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is an important study...always knew that there was a sulfur link to glutamate toxicity.
Jennifer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 3:27 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There was a brief mention of taurine buildup in the brains of the ALS patients, implying it's toxic. That has piqued my curiosity for sure, since without supplementing I get heart palpitations. I don't know what happens to my glutamate sensitivity without. Maybe I'll experiment one of these days -

Jennifer
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 11:43 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since we read that taurine helps as a glutamate blocker, the build-up may be similar to a histamine response the body has when a foreign substance or allergen is introduced. Our body or brain may release more of this amino acid in an attempt to counteract the effects of glutamate in the brain...along with other proteins that make up the tangle of proteins seen in diseased brains like those of Alzheimer's patients. Just thinking out loud.
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 6:28 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Makes sense to me! :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page