Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Corn-derived msg for weed control

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Scientific Information » Corn-derived msg for weed control « Previous Next »

kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 6:23 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is a link about the by-product from wet milling corn being used as a "natural" herbicide: http://www.hort.iastate.edu/gluten/

Honestly, is there no end to this nightmare that is called corn?
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 8:26 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"U.S. Patent 5,030,268 on the use of corn gluten meal as a natural herbicide was issued in 1991. The patent was reissued in 1993 with broader claims that cover the use of corn gluten meal on field crops and home gardens. Two additional patents were also issued in 1993 on the technology." (quoted from the article)...

doesn't this timeline match up fairly well with the introduction of GMO (ie StarLink etc) corn? if so, it makes sense that the leftover post-process meal might still be toxic to bugs (humans and other kritters too) UGH!
kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 2:15 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The first GMOs were out on the market in 1995. If you read about wetmilling corn you will see why the residue is toxic to pests. Lots of vile substances are used to extract the corn derivatives and the leftovers from these processes must be vile stuff indeed if they can't think of a way to use it in processed foods or household products.
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 8:44 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i googled "wet milling process" and the first page of hits were all extremely informative. i knew Big Corn was bad... but now i am horrified!
here i was thinking gmos were the worst of it- now reading all the info on wetmilling makes me very, very glad my family has tried to avoid corn byproducts for so long allready. i will surely be even more diligent in the future

i am attaching a link to a page that breaks the process down in very simple terms... for any readers new to this whole thing... folks, not everyone has the severe corn allergy that kristy & her girls are forced to deal with- BUT EVERYONE ACCUMULATES TOXINS, and this is a very very toxic process!

www.cornproducts.com/news/...files/CPO_Refining_Process_021108.doc

thank you kristy for all your research in so many areas- you are truly a wealth of knowledge
kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 10:11 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey bo'nana, that link isn't working for me and I would love to read it. I have tried to find a succinct, easy to follow explanation of the process to pass on to others and have been unable to find one.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 3:02 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

try this:

http://www.cornproducts.com/news/mediakit_files/CPO_Refining_Process_021108.doc
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 8:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks roy... oops... should have doublechecked before i posted

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page