Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Insomnia linked to GABA deficiency

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Scientific Information » Insomnia linked to GABA deficiency « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted From: 209.204.178.27
Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/11/081101083921.htm

Well DUH is all I can say.

They didn't speculate on the cause of the GABA disorder. Just that benzodiazapem drugs seem to work.

Jennifer
bobby
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 10:48 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The stomach produces 98% of the serotonin in your body, serotonin is converted to melatonin in the brain (melatonin is the sleep hormone),

the key here is to avoid wheat, dairy products, soy and corn....all of which damage the small intestine villi (the villi absorb nutrients), these four also are high in glutamate and aspartame,

once the stomach is repaired it will begin to produce serotonin normally and abudantly,

this is turn will alleviate insomnia.

bobby
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 12:18 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Amen, bobby. I suffered for too many years from insomnia...even as a child. Didn't know that all the fast food we ate was responsible. My mom was no cook and her favorite standbys were Campbell's soups, MacDonald's hamburgers, mac and cheese from a box, tuna casserole (mushroom soup and canned tuna), and most processed items as they came onto the market. I was born in 1947 when MSG was new to the industry. By the 70's, more and more serious symptoms manifested themselves. Thankfully, I sleep so much better now that I eat whole foods. MSG interferes with the production of serotonin and many other important hormones that effect sleep, appetite and so much more.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page