Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

New Take on MCS...

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Scientific Information » New Take on MCS... « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted From: 209.204.178.27
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 12:07 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.ncchem.com/review_mcs.htm

...multiple chemical sensitivity. I think I'm headed down that path, since I react to lots of chemicals at work that never used to bother me. In this article, excitotoxins are central to the theory presented. I'd never had though that they'd be the cause.

Jennifer
Melinda
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 3:00 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Jennifer for that article. I skimmed it - feeling a bit foggy today and so had a hard time injesting the material and wrapping my brain around it but I bookmarked to read more thoroughly later.

"Glutamate, NMDA, and other excitatory amino acids injure cells when released"
This may explain why when I am in midst of msg flare, that I am far more sensitive to chems. Interesting.

I also found particularly interesting the info about TRH and DM helping omit the brain fog reaction from having been exposed to chems.

What would be interesting to know is once one is completely cleansed of all and any excitotoxins in the body, if they no longer have mcs. The article may mention this, but again, I did not read fully. Also it would be interesting to read any updates to this info as this article was published in 1998. Guess google is my friend there unless anyone has additional info to add here.
Anonymous

Posted From: 209.204.178.27
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 12:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Also, this got my attention, from the article:
"Porphyrias are deficits of certain enzymes required for the production of heme".

I had come across heme recently, while researching sulfite sensitivity. Turns out, heme is a central component of Sulfite Oxidase (used to break down sulfites). Could explain why sulfite sensitive folks USED to be able to tolerate them.

Jennifer

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page