Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

More on MSG-diabetic link

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Scientific Information » More on MSG-diabetic link « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted From: 67.121.147.17
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 7:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/51/3/712

Here's some more about the link to diabetes. Overexpression of GDH (glutamate dehydrogenase) causes insulin release. In this case, it was a mutant. But I wonder what on earth can cause overexpression of GDH in normal people? Hint: the body's trying to deal with excessive amounts of MSG ingested.

Jennifer
Anonymous

Posted From: 67.121.147.17
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 7:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~content=a713629482~db=all~jumptype=rss

Here's a study that shows adding glutamate to islet cells increases the expression of GDH. This is probably old news, and GDH is apparently what triggers the body to destroy the pancreas.

The thing I'd really like to see, is to repeat the study using aspartame instead of glutamate.

Jennifer
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 3:04 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jennifer, you always find such important information relating to glutamate and health conditions...thank you for sharing them here with us!
Anonymous

Posted From: 24.5.150.65
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 4:03 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I feel it's good to have it all in one place for reference. Someday a bunch of lawyers are going to figure out that nearly the entire population is going to have grounds to sue a multi-billion dollar industry. And I'll do whatever I can to make it that much easier for them. :-)

Jennifer
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 10:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jennifer, Way to go...yeah, let's make it easier for them. :-) :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page