Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Latest autism study - 6 new genes

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Scientific Information » Latest autism study - 6 new genes « Previous Next »

Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 3:36 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Neurology/Autism/tb/10080

I looked up these 6 new genes and how they may affect autism and how glutamate may affect persons with these genes. Click on this link to the msgtruth autism page for explanations of these genes.

http://www.msgtruth.org/autism.htm
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 2:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found this interesting, since most of the children studied in the Middle East had parents who were cousins...this would account for a genetic cause, but that can't be the main explanation for autism in this country..the huge increase of it, I mean....at least not for most of the cases. That's why the article added: "many genetic changes that lead to autism arise spontaneously and are not present in parents"...suggesting environmental factors. We need a simpler explanation of the article! Lot of scientific terms going on there! :-) Great find, Carol.
Tom Fernstrom
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 9:33 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol H,

To me it seems that people have a certain genetic predisposition to be more easily affected by MSG/Aspartate. We have seen here the mirad of symptoms caused in excitotoxin sensitive people. That means to me that many people are sensitive to these excitotoxins, but because each is made up a bit genetically different from the other, the symptoms are different.

In the article you refer to in the first link above, there are two paragraphs that seem to stick out.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
The findings reinforce the diversity of causes of autism, Dr. Walsh said in a podcast, but also appear to implicate a "common cellular mechanism" -- the postnatal synaptic development in the brain that is guided by the environment.

"We learn by having neurons change their connections to each other," he said. If that process were to be disturbed by genetic mutations, it might lead to autism, he added.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Of course the author jumps to the conclusion that the genetic mutation may cause the disturbance to normal neuron function, but it may be that the autistic child is just more susceptible to the neuron interference caused by excitotoxins than those without the genetic mutations.

What do you think? :-)
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 10:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also suspect the main reason so many children are being born with autism is because of their mother's diet that is rich in excessive amounts of free glutamate. We know that alcohol can cause Williams Disorder and other problems for fetuses. If too much glutamate is reaching the brain of a developing fetus, especially during the critical wiring of the brain, which involves neurotransmitters like glutamate, why isn't it possible to damage the delicate nature of the child's brain makeup? We know that during a stroke, it's the excessive amount of glutamate released in the brain that does the most damage to it.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 12:23 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry I haven't responded in a while - I had MAJOR computer problems last week into yesterday - what a nightmare. Anyway, I think that the genetic mutations, both inherited and spontaneous, put a child at risk from even ONE overdose of glutamic acid - like we see in vaccines - which ALSO affect IGE responses by amplifying them.

I think there is a reason that we see young autistic patients and old A.L.S., or Alzheimer's patients. The older ones may simply be autistic kids born too soon. The damage may need to be severe AND inflicted BEFORE the child's brain is "hard-wired". The older patients are affected AFTER the brain is hardwired, but the same genes may be at play here.
The GENES make us canaries in the coal mine for autism, or A.L.S. or MSG sensitivity, but it isn't being a canary that kills - in a coal mine it's the lack of oxygen, and in our current world, it is exposure to excess glutamate and aspartate in EVERYTHING..
vicki s
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 10:11 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, How does glutamate affect the Ig E response? or where can I go to learn more about this? My son has a major problem with Ig E, he is on allergy shots, as well as immunosuppressants, to keep his eczema under some sort of control. He is now getting repeat episodes of alopecia. He is 26, and I just hate for him to be on these meds. If there was another way to reduce his IgE levels, it would be a miracle for him.
vicki s
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 10:58 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, one other thing. We took him to U of Mich a few years ago to a doctor who had actually seen Job's disease which is an IgE illness. He does not have that, so at least it something we were able to eliminate. :-)
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 5:00 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

vicki s, Is your son's condition in any way genetically related? I didn't know anything about IgE so I just did a quick search online (and see anything about a glutamate affect). Did you go to U of M because you live in SE Michigan?
vicki s
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 11:08 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, we live in north east Indiana. It is genetically related only so much as it is due to allergies. Your IgE factor is the immune factor in the allergy process. High is over 3000, his is usually 15,000. The immunosuppressants bring it down to a level that he suffers less, but I wish there was another way. I just keep studying, and asking God to bring the right knowledge to us at the right time. :-)
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 11:13 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vicki s, Well, if you've seen "Lorenzo's Oil" you can see how perserverance can reign. I hope God answers your prayers and you find an alternate approach.

I had severe eczema as a child - the doctors said I would outgrow it by the time I was twenty. Well it took longer than that, but I finally did. Hopefully, your son's response will calm down too.
vicki s
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 6:26 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Dianne.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 10:19 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My husband had eczema for years until we learned about MSG. I can always tell if he has cheated and eaten something forbidden, because it will flare up! :-) Does your son avoid MSG, Vicki?
vicki s
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 7:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not yet, but I will tell him about your husband and see if he is willing to try the test diet. He is on so much medication to suppress the ezcema that he may need to be off the medication to really know for sure. Maybe he could go on the test diet and then go off of the medication, see if the ezcema comes back. Thanks for the info!
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 3:23 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My husband is not the only person who reacts this way. I have heard from many others who reacted with eczema. Other skin problems cured by MSG elimination that we hear about continually are roscacia (sp?), hives, welts, itching, blisters in and on the mouth, and much more.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page