Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

New Graphics for MSGTruth.org

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Scientific Information » New Graphics for MSGTruth.org « Previous Next »

CarolH
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 31, 2007 - 11:27 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just added new graphics to MSGTruth.org and wanted opinions on it. I am going to be trying to graphically show all the data acquired over the years so it is easier to grasp. So, stay tuned and check MSGTruth.org often. I'm starting small, but soon I want to have charts and graphs and images wherever they make sense - so let me know any feedback on this thread. Thanks!
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 1:32 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very nice, Carol.

http://www.msgtruth.org/avoid.htm
Becky
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 10:49 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like it, Carol.

I think the pictures will stick in people's minds better.
Angela
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 10:55 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am quite new to the site and msg free lifestyle (still learning what to avoid) and I thought it was very helpful Carol. Very well done and great graphics!
Thanks so much :-)
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 3:09 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, I really like the graphics. It makes it easy and fun to look at. I hope you don't mind my comments:

Perhaps the "Foods Processed....clean label" title could be worded differently - I had to keep rereading it....well, maybe it was just my aging brain (or too much MSG).

In that same section the "Hydrolyzed Protein used in canned tuna...." could use a comma after poultry.

I really like the explanations by many of the items, which clears up many mysteries, especially about cigarettes. I once told a doctor 30 years ago that my sacroiliac joints felt better after I quit smoking. He said it was a coincidence...I knew it wasn't.

Also, the section on "Glutamate from Aspartame Sources" was very interesting and should be effective for anyone who doesn't know about the connection.

I think your site has pretty much covered it all, and is easy to maneuver around, find things, read and understand. I'd give it a "10"!

Obviously you have spent much time on it. Thank you, thank you. It will be a pleasure to tell the skeptics to check out your site.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 4:40 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very helpful, Carol! You put a lot of thought and work into that. Thank you! The glutamic acid label under the peanuts doesn't say free. Is the glutamate number for bound? In the tomatoes and the other foods unusually high in free glutamate, is it correct to assume they contain bound glutamate, also?
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 8:35 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you all for the advice - I really appreciate it! I still need to find numbers for some items. If anyone can find any numbers I have missing - post them here. It was hard to locate a lot of the data. I think the food industry wants it hidden. When you actually look at how concentrated free glutamic acid gets - by processing wheat, soy and dairy - the case is just devastating to the Glutes. They cannot keep comparing fresh tomatoes to calcium caseinate and isolated soy protein. Their "umami bombs" viewed next to a fresh tomato is the equivalent of comparing the H-bomb to a 4th of July firecracker. A water molecule -is pretty harmless till you split that into Hydrogen and oxygen. Two very explosive fuels. Split the hydrogen atom and you get - Hiroshima. A little over the top for an analogy, but it fits.

I am working on putting better graphics to my flow chart as well.
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 1:17 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol H,

Loved the analogy: "They cannot keep comparing fresh tomatoes to calcium caseinate and isolated soy protein. Their "umami bombs" viewed next to a fresh tomato is the equivalent of comparing the H-bomb to a 4th of July firecracker."
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 11:36 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Amen! We are so lucky to have an ex-food scientist on OUR side!
Sheri N
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2008 - 12:08 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know where else to post this and I want to make sure that Carol sees it. Last weekend we went to an open house because our friends' son, daughter-in-law and little granddaughter were visiting from the east coast. Their daughter-in-law is a chemist with Exxon and their son is a chemist for M&M/Mars (like you were,Carol?)I've got to admit that I still don't really know what he does, but he told me he's researching all sorts of chemical combinations. Of course, after reading everything that Carol has to say about her history I'm very concerned for him. The open house wasn't really the place to badger him about the safety of his new job but I'd like to give him Carol's and Deb's websites and a link to Blaylock's video and book. Hopefully he or his wife will be interested in watching it and reading these websites. Carol, is there a link to your e-mail on your site in case he wants to contact you or don't you do that? Sorry I can't remember, but I do go to your site often. I can't wait til your book comes out---and the movie!
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2008 - 10:43 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

www.msgtruth.org
Sheri N
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2008 - 12:04 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks,Deb. I was actually wondering if Carol was able to be reached by e-mail if our young friend chooses to contact her. I can look on her site to see. I'm hoping he might want to correspond with her someday.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol checks in here regularly. I'm sure she will see your posts.
Anonymous
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 10:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sheri, try this mail@msgtruth.org
Sheri N
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 4:32 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks,Anonymous. I should have checked on Carol's site right away because her e-mail address is right on there. So maybe our friend will e-mail her someday.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page