Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

FDA approved treatment for Fibromyalga

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Scientific Information » FDA approved treatment for Fibromyalga « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted From: 209.204.178.27
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 11:26 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/06/070622090149.htm

Pay attention to the generic name...I read GABA in it. Just thought I'd share.

Jennifer in N. CA
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 11:55 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FDA Approves ....

*** RED ALERT *** RED ALERT *** RED ALERT *** RED ALERT ***
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Surprise surprise, Pregabalin is a glutamate inhibitor.

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/els/03043940/2000/00000280/00000002/art00769

Now how on earth are they able to keep coming up with these drugs when they swear up and down that "gee, we just honestly don't know how on earth they work" and that they still don't know what causes fibromyalgia?

I can't wait for Michael Moore's new movie. I think I'm gonna write him a very long letter.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 9:56 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As my son said last week, they have to know. It is a smelly cover-up, and the FDA has dirty hands as well as drug companies and the food industry as far as I'm concerned. They are more concerned about the health of the economy than our health....and their padded pockets.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 10:00 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

About 9 years ago when NoMSG was up and running, it had a newsletter. One of the people interviewed was the mother of a young girl so crippled by MSG, that she got in touch with the director of the FDA. She gave him overwhelming evidence. He eventually visited this woman and her daughter and regretfully told them that his hands were tied. He resigned shortly afterwards.
Anonymous

Posted From: 209.204.178.27
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 11:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/06/070625095756.htm

Here's another article, this doctor seems to acknowledge that all these puzzle pieces do indeed belong to the same puzzle. The article didn't go into any reason why people are afflicted, but one can hope he's on the right track. Could it be worth it to write to him, let him know there are many people with these very illnesses he's studying, and they know very darn well what's causing it?

Jennifer
Anonymous
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 3:30 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

all this info makes me wanna shoot myself
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 9:40 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, by all means, all of us should write this doctor/researcher. We need to get the message to them that excessive glutamate sources in food(exogenous), not just already present in the body(endogenous), which include MSG and other hydrolyzed proteins, are a huge part of the problem with neurodegenerative disorders...that MSG and other sources of glutamate DO cross the blood brain barrier and that most doctors and scientists have no idea of how it is being hidden in most of our fast and processed food items....and considering how the American public depend of restaurant and fast foods, this issue should be not taken lightly or swept under the rug as the FDA would like it to be. Roy, would you be our super sleuth again and see if you can find an address?....and PLEASE, let's all respond to this doctor. This could be a breakthrough, considering the new glutamate blocker drug that the FDA has approved in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 9:54 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, I know how busy you are, but I think it would be very beneficial if you could send this doctor a copy of your flow chart and other scientific info about Fibromyalgia from you site. You could send him all your credentials, which may weigh in quite positively.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 3:21 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Contact information for Muhammad Yunus, MD
Professor of Medicine and Rheumatology:

http://www.uicomp.uic.edu/IntMedRes/faculty/MYunus.htm
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 8:31 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll write him. I find it funny that his work is called "Unifying Concept ..." My Chart is called the Unified Theory. It really does tie everything together except gravity.
Carol H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 6:24 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is the email I sent to Dr. Yunus:

Dear Dr. Yunus,

I first want to commend you for bringing the disorder of fibromyalgia to the attention of the medical community. It is now taken seriously and many individuals are now getting the help they sought for so long.

I am a former food process engineer who has been trying to educate the public about the sources of neuron-excitatory amino acids in our food supply for over 15 years now. It appears I may have information that can help you now.

I too struggled to figure out how some food additives affected only certain people and with what had been seemingly unrelated reactions. I just simply kept track of the different reactions reported and linked them to the neurotransmission of glutamate. Until February. In February the latest study on autism came out.

In that study it was determined that the genes related to autism are involved with coding for glutamate neurotransmission. Exactly what I had been looking into for 15 years. And so, I put together a flow chart which not only shows all the different maladies affected by neurotransmitters like glutamate, dopamine, aspartate, serotonin, and GABA, but I colored any items known to be associated with autism spectrum disorder yellow. The results were surprising.

For a copy of the flow chart - please see my website http://www.msgtruth.org I have a link to it on the front page of my site. In a sweet bit of coincidence, the chart so completely brought together all the disparate symptoms that I called it the Unified Theory of Autism. The only thing it doesn't link is Gravity. :-)

Fibromyalgia fits in the chart too because these are all Central Sensitivity Syndromes. You probably already know much of what is in the chart, but perhaps I can gain more pieces of the puzzle from you, and you may benefit by finding a few pieces of your puzzle from my chart. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and know that you are reaching more people who can now be helped. I learned of your work on the website http://www.msgmyth.com on the discussion board there. There are many people there who are interested in your work, because by avoiding MSG and aspartame many were able to be relieved of their painful symptoms including fibromyalgia. These people for so many years have been dismissed as having imaginary ailments. Thank you for helping the medical establishment take their very real pain seriously.

Thank you for your work,

Sincerely,

Carol A. Hoernlein
B.S. Rutgers University Cook College Food Science
B.S. Rutgers College of Engineering Bioresource Engineering
Former Food Process Engineer - M&M/Mars, American Home Products, Reckitt & Colman
Founder MSGTruth.org
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 1:25 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh Carol! THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for doing that....Let's all hope and pray that he takes the information and runs with it. :-)
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 02, 2007 - 1:10 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Carol, Great letter!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page