Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

ALS patient put on glutamate blocker

Battling the MSG Myth » Sharing Scientific Information » ALS patient put on glutamate blocker « Previous Next »

Anonymous
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 6:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just thought you'd like to read this.. The ALS patient was put on an "experimental" glutamate lowering drug to reduce the symptoms... [it was probably too late]

http://www.alsindependence.com/My_Journey_With_ALS.htm
Anonymous
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 10:06 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey I'm bumping this since the board was down for a while. Thought you might also be interested to know that 11 months ago, I unknowingly ate MSG on an empty stomach. Today, half of my throat does not work. I want to sue.
MEMorrisNJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 11:55 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you are older, a vegetarian, have an auto immune or neurogenerative disease such as ALS or have had radiation, you may have low normal or low B-12 which can be lead to nerve damage and a host of other problems. Maybe, this effects swallowing too -- I don't know.

It is easy to get a blood test for B-12. Again, you don't want to be just low normal! You need to get blood test for not just B-12 --- get tested for methymalonic acid and homocysteine if you are low normal.
Read past posts on B-12 and here are some additional readings:
http://search.lef.org/cgi-src-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=0&page_id=2671&query=B12&hiword=B12%20

http://www.lef.org/protocols/neurological/als_01.htm (Be sure to hit continued to see full reference)

Question: Has anyone found a safe sublingual pill of B-12 that is NOT the artificial form called cyanocobalamine (as in cyanide --- the poison). I am looking for a sublingual B-12 that is in the methcobalamine form. I found one by Life Extension but its loaded with other stuff.
Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 1:03 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, I haven't found one. I take a 100mg Vit B Complex- I have read that it must be totally balanced to be helpful--i.e., same dosages.
I am looking for a Vit D to take, does anyone take that? Thanks.
Anonymous

Posted From: 71.92.98.236
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 9:03 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous, let us know if you decide to sue. Msg is terrible stuff.
MEMorrisNJ
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lisa Marie - What is the name of the B complex you take? I'd like to find one I can tolerate to balance out the B's as you mentioned.
Lisa Marie
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 11:38 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I take NOW B-100 mg High Potency caps. I checked the label--you may not trust it because the the capsule is gelatin, and it also lists Magnesium Stearate and Silica. Because I am insulin dependent, and have some neuropathy, I really think I need a B complex. As usual, be careful.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 - 9:43 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lisa Marie, any gel cap can be opened, and the supplement can be taken without the capsule. The dry powder can be taken with applesauce, safe yogurt... or just put in a spoon, add a little sugar and water and take.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page