Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Vitamin questions....

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I've Just Made the MSG Connection" » Vitamin questions.... « Previous Next »

Duchess
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 11:43 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hopefully you will have read my new post in the MSG connection forum. Here are my brands of vitamins/supplements...

all have vegetable cellulose, cellulose and/or gelatin listed as an ingredient some also have Stearic acid or Magnesium Stearate

Standard Process
Thorne Research
LaSante
Professional Solutions Gaia Herbs
Professional Complementary Health Formulas

If anybody already knows on these companies, could you please let me know.

If not, what question do you usually ask to find out if it is an MSG product.

Thank you very much for any help you can give with this answer.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 3:19 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Duchess, You might like to read some posts on this page, especially by Annie regarding B12

http://www.msgmyth.com/discus/messages/1557/2214.html#POST26373

Also, regarding your other post in the "Share your MSG Story/Recovery" topic - in part "I started a program called the Fat Belly Cure. I lost weight, but I really, really started feeling bad. Along with drinkikng a lot of whey protein, again a MSG factor. Those sharp, shooty, jabby pains were getting worse, but thanks to this diet I found the 'sugar' connection. If I have too much sugar, I get really, really bad lower back pains. I am assuming a 'yeast' reaction. I was and had been having burning pain in my back which was what led me to the msgmyth board. I had googled burning back pain symptoms", you are the first person I have ever heard of that has this symptom besides me (from sugar). I have other triggers for back pain (MSG being one), but sugar is certainly one of them. No docor has ever given me an explanation of why, I though maybe it had to do with producing an over acidic system.

Anyway, it sounds like you are on the road to better health with control over medications/supplements. I find that if I try to take more than just calcium (powder) I run into problems and have really ratcheted up my intake of vitamin concentrated foods. It took a while to see a difference, because the body doesn't heal itself instantly - it takes a while, but I am slowly, slowly healing. My back is the best it's been in 36 years.
Duchess
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 7:40 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you so much, Di! I have been looking and looking for what I felt might be a safe B12 source. I'm gonna at least give it a try. It's better than the other brands that have 'natural flavor' added....EEEKKK!!!! I'm also looking at adding the whole foods in for this. I'm glad I like liver but hubby balks at that one.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page