Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Help please. Confused about wheat

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I've Just Made the MSG Connection" » Help please. Confused about wheat « Previous Next »

Anonymous
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 8:47 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am new here and I am still trying to get my head around which foods are good and bad.

I am confused by wheat and gluten. I read somewhere that it was essential to avoid all gluten containing foods (wheat, barley rye) but I have seen lots of post on here by people that are eating wheat. Is wheat good or bad with glutamate?? Is there types of wheat that are okay?
kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 11:49 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The main thing is to do the test diet and leave out wheat for the duration of the test. Once you have determined if food additives are truly a problem for you, you can add in wheat bread made with safe ingredients and see if you can tolerate it. In the beginning I couldn't tolerate any foods that were high in glutamates but as I healed, I was able to add them back in - as long as I made them carefully using the safest ingredients. You will need to listen to your body and see if wheat works for you. We are a group of different people with differing levels of reactions to the same additives in general. Some of us have very restrictive diets because of additional food allergies or intolerances and some people don't have to be so careful and exacting. We all support each other no matter how our individual dietary needs differ,
sparkler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 7:29 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Kristy, You are very helpful, I will stay away from wheat for now.

Are oats generally well tolerated (gluten free ones) as a porridge or should I stay away from then for a few weeks too?
kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2010 - 11:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think the same applies to oats or any grain with high protein levels for the duration of the test diet. As always, add in cautiously once you are symptom-free.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page