Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Are brown rice and wheat pasta natura...

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I Have a Question" » Are brown rice and wheat pasta natural sources of glutamate? « Previous Next »

James D.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 2:53 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This post is a duplicate. My first one showed up under the wrong category (L-Glutamine) and won't come up when clicked on today's posts page:

It seems that I have been having a problem with Organic Brown Rice. I have tried different brands, cooking it different ways and I tried eating only freshly cooked, and it seems that if I have more than two servings per day I become hypersensitive to excito's in any food.

Since I stopped eating brown rice I can eat things that I could not eat before, like wheat crackers, eggs, wheat noodles and I even had a Subway turkey sandwich recently with little or no reaction. Either of these in the past would have caused me problems and I wonder if the rice has more free glutamate in it than I ever suspected or it has something that somehow increases my sensitivity?
Anonymous

Posted From: 76.105.22.177
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 8:50 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

James, did you ever get an answer? I had brown rice last night and I feel like I had too much glutamate.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 1:06 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the rice organic? We have heard from others who react to brown rice. I suspect it could be either pesticides or the rice was boiled, not simmered and for too long, freeing any naturally occurring glutamate. We may have to revamp out test diet, since we recommend using brown rice.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 2:48 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are many different brands of brown rice, including pre- or partially cooked ones like Uncle Bens and Minute Rice. I wonder if people are eating these instead of cooking raw, organic rice.
James D.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2011 - 11:40 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am back to eating Organic Brown Rice again with no apparent problems. The only thing I can think of is that it may have sat in the fridge too long and/or I was eating a lot of wheat products at that time, so that may have added to the problem.

Seems wheat is somewhat high in free glutamate.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page