Posted From: 126.96.36.199
|Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 4:53 pm: || |
I was wondering about reactions from natural glutamate found in grapes. I've been enjoying them quite regular lately and just now had a reaction similar to that when I ingest MSG...not as severe but enough to make me wonder if it was the grapes. I love grapes and since this is the first time I guess I will just have to limit my intake...has anyone else had this reaction to grapes? firstname.lastname@example.org for a reply
|Posted on Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 6:31 pm: || |
I also get a reaction to grapes. I am also think I may be sensitive to salicylates which are high in grapes but I am not sure???? It could be glutamate related. I would love to know too.
Posted From: 188.8.131.52
|Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 7:11 am: || |
It may also be the pesticides used on the grapes. :/
|Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 7:56 am: || |
My daughter reacts to grapes sometimes. Ive come to the conclusion its either sulfites or a pesticide. On occasion i have noticed that grapes can be quite wet as if they have been sprayed with something after picking. I steer clear of "wet" grapes as i can pretty much be sure she will react to them. In anycase i wash all grapes thoroughly. She does fine with Spanish grapes all of the time.???? Baffles me!
|Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 9:17 am: || |
Most grapes are sprayed with sulfites as a preservatives...sulfites are also naturally occurring on grapes. Many of the reactions of a sulfite allergy are similar to glutamate reactions...and many of us who are glutamate sensitive react to sulfites.
|Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 10:00 am: || |
I would actually say that my daughter suffers more for sulfite exposure than msg. Certainly with regards to mood and behaviour.
|Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 11:20 pm: || |
Sulfites are a lot easier to avoid than hidden glutamate.
|Posted on Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 4:44 am: || |
I would be interested in hearing more about the "worst" sulfite foods, especially after our son had such a bad reaction to, we think, metabisulfite in dental anesthetic. I've read this website: http://www.learningtarget.com/nosulfites/ and it seems to imply that it's just like with glutamate -- foods aren't so much the issue as processing/processed foods. But his "numbers" are collected based on extrapolation from his symptoms, which is great since that is all he could do, but not as scientific as I would like. Does anyone have a list that they trust, of what's safe and what's not?