Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Over the counter meds

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I Have a Question" » Over the counter meds « Previous Next »

Dutchbabiesx2
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 7:06 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was looking for some guaifenesin for my son. I think he actually got his first cold in 9 months with a food reaction! Asthma is flared up and so is his sinus congestion.

I need to head to the organic store today, but I could not find anything at the big chain store that did not have lots of junk in it.
I say poison you as you try to fill better, but that is just me.
I think there is one brand I've used years ago- wanted to see if there are any others .
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 4:01 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've never heard of guaifenesin, what is it?
sara
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 2:40 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it is the active ingredient in robitussin and mucinex - expectorant - it is available in tablet form also as "mucus relief" at many chain drug stores - various manufacturers etc. - there was a "war" many years ago when mucinex was released as that company demanded the removal of competing products (tablets not liquids) from the market including Rx meds that just contained guaifenesin - I was affected by that.

it is used in a protocol for fibro (not the reason I was taking it - I was taking it for asthma)

it is available in a health food store product called Air-Power by Enzymatic Therapy. http://www.enzymatictherapy.com/Products/Immune-and-Respiratory/Lung-and-Respiratory/02321-Air-Power.aspx
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 4:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Avoid everything approved by the FDA. The Fraud and Deception Administration approves only bad things, never good things.

The FDA (Fraud and Deception Administration) doesn't care about your health. They work for the drug companies.

Sometimes the FDA bans something. Do you think that is to protect you? Nope. That is to protect the drug company. If the substance kills too many people, it makes the drug company look bad and then the company loses money.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 9:12 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been able to get a prescription for just guaifenesin from my doctor in the past. I have the flu with terrible congestion right now and am doing well with Mucinex D in the day and Mucinex DM at night for coughing.
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2012 - 11:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sara, can you point me to any info about off-label uses of guaifinesin, particularly anything CFS/fibro related?
sara
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2012 - 3:44 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guaifenesin_protocol

and google St. Amand or google Guaifensin protocol

that should get your started
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 7:10 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting -- thank you!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page