Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Flushing/detoxing

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I Have a Question" » Flushing/detoxing « Previous Next »

Dutchbabiesx2
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 12:24 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Advice for our 9 year old. It seems it takes about 3days to have him return to "normal" after he has eaten FGA.
We give him Ibuprofen,taurine,vit B, Magnesium lots of water and love and are patient. It is hard to watch him struggle and I feel it is damaging his developing brain. He becomes very worried and depressed.
Any advice to flush the system faster or to remove more from his brain during these times???
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 12:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think you are doing all you can. I certainly find ibuprofen a great help with my youngest. I also find that giving her lots of fresh fruit helps. I think all the vits and antitoxidants work in helping her recover quicker. She takes a good three days to get over a particularly good "hit"! She is just three and becomes anxious and depressed, she cries and tantrums lots and more disturbingly her speech becomes very garbled and unclear. She also loses her sense of logic. ie she cant seem to figure out puzzles and toys she has had mastered for a long time. Its horrible to see our little ones so frustrated and anxious. Like you we give lots of water too and practice being patient and loving with her during an episode. But thats hard work and exhausting as im sure you know. We just cant reason with her when poisoned.
I have just got her magnesium but have yet to try it. I cant find taurine here as yet.
The only other thing i would suggest is an antihistamine. Deb A recommended i try that, but as yet ive not tried it.
Dutchbabiesx2
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 10:12 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks again ali....I almost feel like should bring you some if mt taurine. I am pretty sure I can get it in NL while I am there.
He is suddenly back to normal but carrots were also suggested. I will try antihistamines and fruit too if we have any more problems.
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 10:52 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Im glad hes feeling better. Poor wee chap. You know you have just caused me to have a lightbulb moment. I have many friends in NL. I will get them on the taurine hunt and get some posted...duuuh, why didnt i think of that.
I only use organic carrots. Not that ive ever had issue with them, but if youve been eating out they could have used the prepacked baby carrots that are most probably washed in something dodgy....just a thought.
Hope the rest of your trip goes well
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 9:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you can find some epsom salts, you can add 2 cups to bath water and let him soak for half an hour in very warm water. Many people say they feel much better after this. Also, Benedryl (an anti-histamine is great...not the liquid). I find that the generic pills have fewer questionable ingredients. If you can find quercitin in a health food store and give it each day, as Dr. Blaylock suggests, you may inhibit histamine on a constant basis. I could be wrong, but that is what I thought quercitin does. If in a capsule, remove and add to water to drink. Refrain from giving him foods like bread and milk and meat, very high in natural glutamate during the 3 days following a poisoning. A little safe yogurt is good. Concentrate on things like organic bananas, fruit smoothies, rice, butter on baked potatoes or sweet potatoes, dried fruits without sulfites or additives added, peeled apples and pears, or fruits in season. For protein, eggs are best during this period, as long as he can tolerate them. Also, cooked plain beans added to a fruit smoothie drink will pump up protein (so can pasteurized liquid egg whites or safe nuts). And add some fresh squeezed lemon juice to water with honey or other safe sweetener as often as he will drink it. The lemon helps the liver remove toxins as does dandelion tea or white thistle extract in water. There are preparations available in most health food stores that strengthen the liver and kidneys, which are overworked when "poisoned". But be sure to read labels. It's important to drink lots of water during this time....frequent urination will occur of course, but that's good. Ibuprofen is a great help during this period.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 10:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forgot to mention vitamin B12. It's best in the methylcobalim (spelling?) form...not the cyano form. I take it every day in a small tablet I let melt under my tongue. I believe the brand is called Factors. In the article Tom linked recently about researchers in Israel, a member of a group of recovering stroke victims noted that B12 helped to counteract the effects of the glutamate induced cell damage over time. They suggested 5 to 12 mg a day. Great article, Tom...gives us hope! Thanks for posting it.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 - 1:47 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I received an email from a man who said he does well when he takes Daosin (diamine oxidase), which is an anti-histamine. When I went online, I found it can be ordered through a company. Other suggested antihistamines at the site were Swanson Ultra and Histamine Intolerance. Haven't tried these products, but wanted to pass on the info. It's also good eat foods rich in natural anti-inflammatory factors, such as ginger and turmeric.
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 7:35 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just a couple of cautions...I too recommend the epsom salt baths but they are high sulfur so I've heard some people don't do well with them.

Also I remember reading once after my son had a horrible "glutamate like" reaction to an antihistamine that some have effects on glutamate pathways...unfortunately I can't find the article and it's been years. I've reacted badly to Benadryl recently..so for us it's not one I'd want to test on top of a reaction without having tried it first.

My son does very well with the taurine, and magnesium glycinate which provides glycine that also can help. B6 helps too for him but B12 makes him worse. Methyl-B12 we found out is because he has too many methyl groups already, but even hydroxy-B12 causes some irritation which I believe is a detox reaction.

So, I guess my point is, everything is so individual, you have to slowly experiment.

Has anyone tried bentonite clay for glutamate exposure? I have not but will try to remember next time. The nice thing is that it is so inert that it really shouldn't hurt, plus even if all it does is mop up other things (e.g. aluminum), at least getting rid of those would help.
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 7:52 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you done a search for bentonite clay on this site. Im sure ive read about here. I think, if my memory serves me right, Bo'nana has used it...?????
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 5:09 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the link, in the other thread. I'm talking about ingesting the bentonite. Apparently it helps mop up toxins. My friend pointed out that even if it didn't get the FGA directly it would get the metals, which make FGA exposure worse, etc. I just somehow never remember to try it. I have a whole jar from a tummy flu, it does help that a lot.
Dutchbabiesx2
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 8:10 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for all the suggestions.
another friend suggested carrots...this is the simplistic and today I think he is dealing very well with a reaction...he loves carrots too.
I got him some psyllium that he tolerates very well (no gas or bloating or fast BMs ).

I have cut out the ibuprofen this week. We are in Finland where we can't even begin to try to read the ingredients ...but a few catch my eye. Also avoiding anything with numbers. There are a few brands here we know are safe and stick with those.
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2012 - 4:55 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I tried bentonite clay, as well as aztec secret indian healing clay, when I initially thought my problem was metal toxicity. Definitely felt better taking a clay bath and liked the betonite clay as well. Fixing my diet, etc. fixed everything and I did not see further benefit in continuing these.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page