Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

The chemistry side of MSG

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I Have a Question" » The chemistry side of MSG « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted From: 86.157.67.211
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 10:51 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a 4500word essay to do on a choosen science subject, i've choosen MSG but need to do more of the chemistry than the biology.

Any tips would be very welcome!
Jennifer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 12:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've posted a number of articles in the "Sharing Scientific Information thread"....I don't know if you can search by author, but that may help -

Jennifer
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 1:17 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

would this help?
www.naturalnews.com/020550_excitotoxins_MSG.html

you might also try msgtruth.org, i believe that site is run by a former food chemist... and also google "excitotoxin" for more interesting hits

i applaud your choice of research subject! please feel free to ask any questions you may have, most of us are not scientists but as you will see if you spend any amount of time at this site, food chemicals -especially MSG- have caused no end of health problems for all of us here! so we are more than happy to help anyone who wants to find out more about the negative impacts of these toxins in the food supply!
Anonymous

Posted on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 10:31 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's much appreciated, thankyou.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2011 - 6:20 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anon, go to the topic, "Media Reports and letters related to MSG", and read my last entry regarding a med site that may prove helpful to you.
Anonymous

Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2011 - 10:48 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for that, but having trouble finding as the site doesn't show the topic starter.
Anonymous

Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 5:18 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have been advised to look at Optical IsomerIsm, structure, identify functional groups.
Organic chemistry
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 12:27 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you talking about the site I linked or this site? Just click "topics" on our discussion page at the top. If you mean the suggested site, type in your words to research. Guess you question confuses me. Sorry.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page