Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

MSG Documentary

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I Have a Question" » MSG Documentary « Previous Next »

MikeS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 10:03 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got this in my inbox because I'm subsribed to an MSG group.

I don't know what it's about, but figured I'd pass it along:

----------------------
Jo Walker January 12 at 4:59am Reply
We are currently looking for people (men in particular) who either have intolerances to MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) or have strong opinions regarding the additive to be involved in a documentary about food.

If you are potentially interested in taking part in this BBC2 programme and are available this Friday (15th January 2010) afternoon and next Thursday (21st) late afternoon, please email me jo@plumpictures.co.uk today.

I look forward to talking to you.

Jo Walker
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 3:24 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scroll down the page linked here for a posting about the project:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1133552

Plum Pictures' website:

http://www.plumpictures.co.uk/

p.s. - I'd never participate because they require you to ingest the stuff.
carolh
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 9:27 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't think they quite understand that the folks that go to the ER on a regular basis because of MSG WON'T be willing to take part in their version of "great fun".

And so, like the Food Network ad for Kikkoman soy sauce, I mean the Food Detectives episode, where they took unwitting healthy folks and did an extremely short and unscientific "experiment" to prove MSG was safe, the makers of this documentary will be no nearer the truth than they are now.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 6:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hope someone writes them and tells them that.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 3:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Di,

Thanks for the suggestion. I just did.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 4:37 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just did too.
Mariann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 1:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm joining you guys on this one, I just sent my own message. Thanks for all that you do. Mariann
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 2:33 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I sent one too. Thanks for the heads up.
Zoomer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2010 - 10:47 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe the film is sponsored by the MSG-lobby, or maybe not.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page