Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Grapefruit seed extract and med inter...

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I Have a Question" » Grapefruit seed extract and med interaction? « Previous Next »

pammy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 7:55 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I wasked about lotions in another thread, and did like the ingredients in Tropical Traditions, except for the grapefruit seed extract.

Anyone know of other lotions?
kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 6:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Pammy,

Are you allergic to citrus fruits? I am very sensitive to additives and I can even ingest grapefruit seed extract with no problem. In fact, I am happy to see it on an ingredient list because it is usually used as an alternative to citric acid which is a corn derivative (which kills me) or vitamin E (which is soy derived).
Pammy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 6:53 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, I'm not allergic....I was just concerned about the interaction between my medicines and grapefruit juice (so, I thought grapefruit juice extract would do the same as grapefruit juice). Am I wrong? Might this interact with my meds?

Any other recommendations for lotions?
kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 9:09 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not familiar with what it is about grapefruit that interacts with medicines so I have no answer for you. You could try looking up the name of the meds online or better yet call the pharmacist and ask them. They should look it up if they don't know the answer.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page