Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Bananas ok?

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I Have a Question" » Bananas ok? « Previous Next »

MikeS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 11:15 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been making terrible food decisions lately and am now suffering from a bad itchy skin rash (the original problem that started this whole thing 13 months ago!)

In hopes of clearing it up quickly, armed with all the great info I've learned in the last year, I want to go on a chicken, rice, coconut oil & sea salt diet for a few weeks.

I need to add something portable, that I have a shot of buying when on the road or at a convenience store.

Would banana be ok?

Is there an practical difference between organic and regular from a free glutamic acid perspective?

Thanks,
Mike
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 7:11 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do just fine with all brands of banana's- even Dole. However, there are some on this site that are more sensitive than me and they react to the Dole brand.
Mariann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 3:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mike I'm not sure about bananas for me. Since my problem is being predisposed even without FGA migraine. The list of migraine inducing foods contains bananas as well as nuts, choc., onions, apples and of course wine. I have read here not to trust Dole anything. I do have some Chiquita that I am going to try since reading that others here have done OK with them. I'll let you know. Yes on the road is so hard. I got the tuna that was listed here as safe and now keep it and Wasa crackers in my car. It is from Trader Joe's Tongal Light tuna no salt and Crown Prince no salt which someone here said they get through Amazon, I got mine at Whole Foods I tried them both and no reaction, they taste great. I keep an emergency kit in my car can opener knife fork safe salt, Choice organic white tea bags. As I leave the house I put some organic peanut butter in a container and take it with me too. I don't use bottled water anymore, I bring my own in a stainless bottle. When I go to a party I make the organic tea, put sugar or honey in it put it on ice in a pretty glass and just drink along with everyone else, no one knows so they don't feel sorry for me and make an issue of it. PS I remember a lot more about parties that I attend than most. Good luck Mariann
Debbey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 4:14 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bring food with me
cannot do canned tuna (most can) cannot eat anything dole
I always have a cooler if I drive somewhere
peanut butter *read ingredients
walkers pure butter shortbread cookies
i can eat St Dalfour jelly
organic tostitos(organic corn expeller pressed sunflower oil sea salt
can eat cheese with rennet/gouda or havarti from Denmark
make guacomole with Daisy sour cream
organic nuts do not react to regular pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
plain seltzer water
hard boiled eggs
watermelon
organic carrots
Mariann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 12:43 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Debbey I am going to look for St Dalfour jelly, I am using organic cranberry sauce now for jelly. I use Woodstock farms organic peanut butter, happy to hear about Daisy sour cream I have that on my list of "to try" what avacodos do you use and what plain seltzer (is it bottled or do you make it like Deb A does? I have been meaning to try Walkers pure butter shortbread too, although it may not be good for me to find safe easy to get cookies. I love the havarti from Denmark as well. I was afraid to try the tuna because I have not had good luck with it ever, but the two that were mentioned on this board worked for me. Probably will not eat it much just in case, but good for an emergency. Thanks Mariann

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page