Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Mag Orotate: On empty stomache or wit...

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I Have a Question" » Mag Orotate: On empty stomache or with food? « Previous Next »

MikeS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 10:18 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm tweaking my routine, adding some new items, one being 1/2 tsp of vitamin shoppe brand vit. C, 1/2 tsp mag orotate, 3oz of OJ in a big glass of water. BTW, from a taste perspective, not bad at all !!!

I have the sense that the acidity of the vit.C & OJ might help the absorption of the mag.

Is that true?

I'm thinking I should NOT I take my calcium supplement at the same time so the calcium doesn't compete for absorption with the mag.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike
MikeS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 2:28 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been searching, but still can't find an answer to this: Magnesium Orotate: with food or empty stomach???

Thanks,
Mike
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 3:14 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mike,

This study seems to indicate that magnesium is better absorbed with meals.

http://www.mgwater.com/sabatier.shtml
MikeS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 12:53 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

excellent link, thank you!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page