Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Sauna it out of you . .

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I Have a Question" » Sauna it out of you . . « Previous Next »

MikeS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 12:32 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have access to a far infrared sauna in my building, and have been using it regularly, especially after an MSG reaction.

My hope was to excrete the glutamate out of my system via sweat. Of course, use of a sauna has a host of other health benefits, so even if it doesn't quicken a recovery from MSG, it doesn't matter to me.

Since I'm not a twin, I can't do a double-blind study, so I don't know if it makes any difference, but just curious if anyone here uses a sauna for a similar purpose?

Regards,
Mike
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 5:42 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sauna might help get rid of any excess aluminum, which interacts negatively to increase the reaction to glutamate.

The other thing I've read recently is that eating too much sugar can cause hypoglycemia and that can create a breakdown in tolerance to glutamate - which completely explains my son's post-reaction to sugar...sorry, off topic but just a random thought :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page