Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Tooth Paste with no craps

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I Have a Question" » Tooth Paste with no craps « Previous Next »

Shawn C
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 12:13 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there a toothpaste that is actually free of harmful ingredients? I am afraid if I keep using baking soda I might wear off the enamel. My teeth especially my front teeth have been feeling weaker and lately have this dirty feeling to them.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 10:46 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Someone mentioned "Toms of Maine" although I have not been able to find it in my area.
Anonymous

Posted From: 68.33.66.112
Posted on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 3:32 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That brand has carrageenan in it
guruofmsg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 11:13 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try the brand Weleda, which can be found at Whole Foods.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 28, 2009 - 1:23 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I use this Weleda variety and have no reactions to it.

http://usa.weleda.com/our-products/shop/calendula-toothpaste.aspx
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 28, 2009 - 3:54 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the heads up about some of Toms of Maine varieties having carrageenan. Two of their varieties that don't have carrageenan are the Whole Care gel and Antiplaque gel.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 28, 2009 - 9:14 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can buy Homeodent online...it's made in France, I believe and we do great with it...comes in a yummy anise flavor (licorice taste that is great) and lemon. If interested, shop around for the best price and buy several to save on shipping costs. We buy 4 at a time. Or you can shake some powdered stevia and peppermint oil into some baking soda...we use baking soda, too...just plain..a little goes a long way and you won't gag on a mouthful! My son-in-law is a dentist and says baking soda helps kill bacteria in the mouth that causes plaque, too.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 28, 2009 - 5:39 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ingredients for the 2 flavors of Homeodent toothpaste are linked below. Click on "where to buy" and type in your zip code if desired.

http://www.boironusa.com/products.aspx?pageid=15&pcat=56&pcat2=0&prodid=22

http://www.boironusa.com/products.aspx?pageid=15&pcat=56&pcat2=0&prodid=23
Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 10:04 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have been using baking soda, but the thing is my two front teeth are starting to hurt alittle.
Anonymous

Posted on Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 12:35 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great they don't have homeodent at whole foods. They have tom's of maine, natures gate and Dr. kens. I have to rely on my grandmom, since I have no money. I don't think she's going order the homeodent online.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 3:26 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you end up getting either of the Toms of Maine gel toothpastes without carrageenan, let us know how they work out for you.
Shawn C
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 5:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can maybe get it online now, but I can't find a place online that doesn't cost $6 TO SHIP.
Hoofbeats in heavn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2016 - 9:43 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ive had toothpaste troubles too. I had a similar problem with baking soda. Teeth hurt, began to feel dirty...felt too rough on teeth and gums. Hurt below the teeth, under and on the gums, as well.

Maybe will check out these. I found no homeodent or acceptable toms of maine at whole foods either. I found one toothpaste without msg, but it had tea tree oil. I think i am allergic to tea tree oil.

I am currently brushing my teeth with just coconut oil. So far so good.
All the pains and dirty feeling teeth problems went away after awhile of using coconut oil....so far dentist said" no changes". Thats a good thing.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page