Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Are sesame and poppy seeds safe and a...

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I Have a Question" » Are sesame and poppy seeds safe and are bagels from Mars safe? « Previous Next »

Shawn C
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 21, 2009 - 5:56 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have no clue is poppy and sesame seeds are safe. I don't know if they are every sprayed at all or if seeds are sprayed. I was wondering if anyone has had a bagel from the bakery at Mars supermarket. They e-mailed me the ingredients awhile ago to one of their bagels, I forgot the ingredients I might e-mail them again, but I wanted to know if you guys have tried their bagels.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, August 21, 2009 - 6:45 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shawn C,

I normally don't have problems with bagels with or without seeds. I have only seen monosodium glutamate listed as an ingredient in plain bagels once, and the hidden forms of MSG don't seem to be prevalent in them either. If still concerned, you may want to read the label. I'd be more wary about what's put on the bagel, or with seasoned bagels like the one linked below.

http://www.dietfacts.com/html/nutrition-facts/finagle-a-bagel-bagels-jalapeno-cheddar-cheese-bagel-16964.htm

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page