Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Maple Donuts in PA

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I Have a Question" » Maple Donuts in PA « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted From: 68.33.66.112
Posted on Monday, August 03, 2009 - 9:19 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IF any of you have every been to Pennsylvania, you might have heard of Maple Donuts. They have 4 stores in PA. I love their donuts and they don't taste like they are full of chemicals, however I have become more sensitive to MSG lately, so I fear that I might not be able to eat them. Has any one ever had a problem with them?
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 - 4:54 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This company is a "thaw and serve" doughnut that distributes to other retail locations which means its probably full of chemicals to keep it shelf stable. You can call the company and ask for a list of their ingredients.
Maple Donuts, Inc.
Corporate Headquarters
3455 East Market St. York, PA 17402
Phone: 717-757-7826
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 - 6:52 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They also have a toll free # listed, (800) Maple-4-U, and at least their website says they only use non-hydrogenated trans fat free oils.

http://www.mapledonutsinc.com/contact.html
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 - 7:42 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here are my rules that I would apply to Maple Donuts.
1. They are guilty until proved innocent.
2. I'm not interested in any evidence that they are innocent.
Anonymous

Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 10:04 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We'll I called them. LOng story short I'm just sticking to home made pancakes if I want something sweet.
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 12:43 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think you made the correct decision. Isn't it amazing how much junk they put in foods like that? Don't worry, a few years from now the thought of a processed doughnut will make you nauseated just thinking about it- you'll prefer the homemade pancake instead.

Here is a recipe for homemade baked doughnuts that we really like. They are very soft and almost melt in your mouth. Plus they are low in fat and have some whole wheat flour:
http://savoryseasonings.blogspot.com/2008/09/baked-doughnuts.html
Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 5:34 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks a lot for the recipe. I don't worry about fat in food. I'm into body building, so all that fat just gets used as fuel. I do avoid trans fat though. All I have to do now is learn how to cook, so I can learn to cook on my own and not rely on my grand mom.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page