Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

I need to find a good multivitamin

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I Have a Question" » I need to find a good multivitamin « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted From: 98.204.218.5
Posted on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 8:11 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to find a good multivitamin. I don't need a multivitamin that has minerals, I just need one that has vitamins.
Jennifer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 10:10 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't really know about multivitamins. I don't take them because they may contain vitamins that I don't need or not enough of what I do need.

I take Nature Made "Super B Complex" and Nature's Bounty vitamin D 1000iu every day. I also supplement with Taurine (Jarrow's 1000mg) every day. If I don't I'll get the odd heart palpitation.

You haven't really given enough information to get some useful advice. What minerals are you taking?

Jennifer
cathy218
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 9:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was VERY sensitive but now take Usana antioxidants but react to the mineral usana....so I just take the Vitamins and do great on them.
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 15, 2009 - 7:00 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I personally have reacted to every vitamin that is in a pill form- I can't handle the binders and fillers. Even the ones with the cleanest label, I can't handle after a few days.

When it has been medically necessary, I've taken some vitamins in the straight 100% powdered form (folic acid during the first few weeks of being pregnant for example). I personally don't mess with them and focus on eating a good proper balance of foods.

I use a nutrition software every few months to see how my diet is and adjust from there- it has really helped. Good luck!
Dianne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 2:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How does nutrition software work and which one do you use?
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 11:54 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The software I use is called NSL (Nutritional Software Library). Every few months, I take 3 days and record everything I eat during those 3 days. I keep track of exact amounts and enter everything I eat those days into the software. I have the ability to add my own recipes and pull from the standard database as well. The software then gives me a nutritional overview of my diet. It shows me how many calories Iím consuming, how much of each vitamin and mineral Iím eating. It shows me where Iím under and over for someone of my age and weight.

For example, the last time I used the software it showed me that I struggle getting enough iron, calcium and zinc in my diet. So the next few months I focus on making food that are rich in iron, calcium and zinc. I see that I do excellent in getting enough fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C and thiamin, so I donít need to worry about those.

A dietician told me to always do a 3 day average and to shoot for a balanced diet over the course of 3 days. He also believes that checking your diet every few months is sufficient.

When I was pregnant and very worried about getting enough folic acid and iron, I would use the software weekly because it was so hard to make sure I was getting enough without checking frequently.

The software is also great in helping me make better meal choices. Iíve learned my sugar cookies have SO many calories, I should only make them 1-2 times a year. But my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are reasonable, so Iím okay to make those on a semi regular basis. Iíve learned my cream of broccoli soup made with half and half will kill my diet that week, but Minestrone really helps keep my calories where they should be. Iíve loved having the software, but maybe Iím a little too nerdy when it comes to software applications! :-)

I believe there are several programs that would do the same job. It's just nice to occasionally check to see where I'm at so I don't have to stress about not taking a multivitamin.
Anonymous

Posted From: 68.33.66.112
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 8:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well I want a good multi to help me with body building and to increase my immune system.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page