Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Stevia compound--question

Battling the MSG Myth » "Help! I Have a Question" » Stevia compound--question « Previous Next »

anonymous
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 06, 2009 - 2:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a question. What about this product--or those like it?
http://www.nunaturals.com/products/stevia.html

Here it says something contradictory (I say this because they go to great care and say that the natural flavors in there do NOT contain MSG or other chemicals, YET in the next paragraph, they say it contains maltodextrin, which is made from corn, and which is on the list of 80 other names for MSG--

Thanks for your answers
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 06, 2009 - 7:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I personally don't eat anything with maltodextrin in it so I wouldn't buy it. If you are looking for Stevia, you should be able to find it in the pure form without a filler like maltodextrin added to it. Good luck!
guruofmsg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 11:02 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous,

Because of successful propanda in the food/beverage industries, most people are under the illusion that MSG only means Monosodium Glutamate when, in reality, it's equivilent to Processed Free Glutamic Acid, the harmful and functional component of MSG.

Since most people don't know that MSG = Processed Free Glutamic Acid and since Processed Free Glutamic Acid goes unlabeled in maltodrextrin and other ingredients as well, that company can get away with the lie that there's no MSG in their ingredients. The FDA allows them to lie in that way as well as considering MSG (and Processed Free Glutamic Acid) as natural when, in reality, it's synthetic.

What you're noticing is propoganda that has been working for many years and will continue to until the media gets involved and people start speaking out, asking questions and learning the truth about MSG.

Please read my article about the cover-up of MSG: http://www.naturalnews.com/025066.html
Melinda
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 11:11 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes I agree, the contradictions can be confusing. This is why it is so important for us to do our own research and have complete knowledge of what the full components to each ingredient listed in products are and NOT to trust what the manufacturer is telling you....because they, the manufacturers, simply don't get it - that or they continue to try to hide it. I too stay far away from maltodextrin.

There is a local company here that sells fruits and nuts - they use the word "naturals" in their company name and on packaging, touting their products as natural and healthy. But I started to react to their raw almonds. I emailed them to ask if they sprayed their almonds with pesticides or anything and they reported back to me that by law (I think only in certain states) they have to use PPO which they told me was safe and approved. Upon further research I found scientific data to suggest otherwise about this chemical which I sent to them and I let them know it was misleading to call their nuts "natural and healthy", but of course no word back from them on that one.

It pays to educate ourselves....and write letters - if these companies get enough feedback on the dangers of certain ingredients, maybe just maybe someday they will get it. One can only hope.
guruofmsg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 11:43 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Food beverage companies can either be accused of negligence or malice when it comes to how MSG isn't properly labeled or disclosed on their products.

Either way, each employee of those companies, especially the CEO, is crossing moral boundaries whether he/she realizes it or not.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page