Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Peanut Butter

Battling the MSG Myth » Other Harmful Substances and Sensitivities (Aspartame, L-Cysteine, preservatives, pesticides, environmental toxins) » Peanut Butter « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted From: 67.2.114.190
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2010 - 7:58 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just a few corrections: Mono and di-glycerides are made from fat, not corn. Glutamic acid is a naturally occurring amino acid, meaning that our body NEEDS glutamic acid. aflatoxin does not cause cold (which comes from a virus). the food industry does not allow food with high levels of aflatoxin to be produced. roasting improves flavor, and does little to degrade aflatoxins. hopefully this post isn't removed because it is contrary to what you are erroneously trying to prove, but i thought that you would enjoy some correct information for once. i just can't stand seeing so much being written which is contrary to fact and established science.
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2010 - 8:36 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

mono- and di-glycerides
Mono- and di-glycerides are often found in sauces, dressings, and ice cream, where they modify (improve?) the texture of the finished product. Glycerides are made from both animal and vegetable fats or oils, corn included. Vegetable mono- and di-glycerides are sometimes labelled as such, but I've never seen animal glycerides so marked.

Yes they are fats but can and often are derived from corn.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2010 - 2:27 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous,

Please give us a break. This is not a medical journal. Most of us posting here are not food scientists, just individuals trying to the bottom of their problems. No one above seemed to agree with the individual's remark about aflatoxins causing colds, but the fact that they cause much worse than colds, as was pointed out, should ameliorate that person's mistake somewhat.
"Naturally occurring" is not synonymous with safe. Even aflatoxins are naturally occurring. The fact that amino acids are needed does not mean that we are designed to ingest them in forms and concentrations not common to nature. Roasted peanuts were criticized not because of the roasting process itself, but because while doing so they often add ingredients many people have trouble with. Many of us here have been burned badly by the food industry, which we have learned not to trust to protect us from MSG, trans fats and other substances that all too easily become part of the food supply and are not removed as soon as they are known to be a problem.
Nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 6:19 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy, Thank you for all your remarks on this occasion and always. They are much appreciated.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 8:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're welcome, Nana. It wasn't Anonymous's corrections that bothered me so much. It was the spirit in which they were offered.
evelyn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 4:54 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

and since we were all sitting on the edge of our seats to hear a response to a six year old post...

Anyway! What we need and can get naturally occurring in foods is a far stretch from what we get and is chemicall added to foods.

According to Wikipedia, here is what happens when we get too much FGA:
"Excitotoxicity due to glutamate occurs as part of the ischemic cascade and is associated with stroke[1] and diseases like amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, lathyrism, autism, some forms of mental retardation, and Alzheimer's disease.[1][8]

Glutamic acid has been implicated in epileptic seizures. Microinjection of glutamic acid into neurons produces spontaneous depolarisations around one second apart, and this firing pattern is similar to what is known as paroxysmal depolarizing shift in epileptic attacks. This change in the resting membrane potential at seizure foci could cause spontaneous opening of voltage-activated calcium channels, leading to glutamic acid release and further depolarization."

For me, it results in muscle fiber contractions that result in exhaustion, weakness and muscle soreness (as when one over does a workout).

If you are here to learn Anon, join in - there are people here who have been researching the cause of their disease states for many, many years. And those who are newer and learning from them as well as doing their own research, how to cope with sensitivity to our polluted food supply.

We are here to help one another and you are welcome to join in that effort.
Debbey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 10:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

peanut butter is the food that keeps me going
its cheap and packed with protein
i buy publix brand peanuts/salt
eat it 2-3 times a day
can take it with me when i travel
keeps my bloodsugar stable
no msg
no added sugar no fake sugar
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 11:13 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My questions are always the same for the very few people who want to prove theories here as false. What do you do for a living? What is your major in college? Do you or your friends or family have any ties to the food industry, being restaurant, food science major, scholarship from food related company, or work in the food or drug industry? Are you a scientist or traditional doctor? Lobbyist? Homeopathic doctor? All, so far, have some connection to the food and drug industries. Most are not willing to open their minds. People trained in the scientific tradition don't always get their facts correct. We are always open to learning, sharing, and research.
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 11:56 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

roy & evelyn... SO well said. and Deb A, i couldnt agree more. i have to wonder whether this particular "anonymous" poster cared enough to check back and find out whether his/her remarks were enlightening and helpful in some way to anyone here, or whether he/she was merely feeling an impulse to vent.

anon, all are welcome to join the discussion with thoughts, observations, research & ideas relevant to illness believed to be caused by chemical toxins, and informed dissent is a vital part of open communication... however, an attitude of hostility is going to benefit no one. please feel free to continue to offer your thoughts and insights, but for goodness sake, do it with an air of openminded respect and concern. some on this board are living with extreme chronic illness and we are all doing our best to sort out the pieces to this chemical puzzle that affects us all.
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 12:03 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

and now i am going to go have a pear... with peanut butter

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page