Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Lotion

Battling the MSG Myth » Other Harmful Substances and Sensitivities (Aspartame, L-Cysteine, preservatives, pesticides, environmental toxins) » Lotion « Previous Next »

Joy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 7:09 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone have any lotion suggestions? I'm new to bring allergic 2 msg and still figuring alot out. It's very frustrating and not just food with it gets me sick other products do also.
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 10:36 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Joy! I moved to the desert a few years ago, and regular lotion just wasn't cutting it. Plus I was looking to eliminate MSG from my personal care products (in addition to other questionable ingredients). One of the main ingredients in lotions is actually alcohol, and many types of alcohol can dry out your skin.

So I stopped using the stuff altogether and now I use jojoba oil (from Trader Joe's) or coconut oil. My skin feels looks and feels better than ever.

For soap I use liquid castile soap from Vermont Soap (http://vermontsoap.com/). If someone would have told me a few years ago that I would one day use the same stuff to wash my face, body, hair, floor, carpet, dishes, bathroom, kitchen, and clothing, I would have laughed in their face. At the time I was deeply indoctrinated and spending lots of money on fancy products. The products I now purchase are not cheap, but they are quality and do end up costing less than than department store prices.

For makeup, this is my new favorite foundation: https://www.vapourbeauty.com/face/Vapour-Organic-Beauty-Atmosphere-Soft-Focus-Foundation.asp. At $50 a bottle, the price is comparable to department store brands, but there's no toxic ingredients! I only wear makeup about once a week (sometimes less), so it lasts me a while. :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page