Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Mold sensitivity

Battling the MSG Myth » Other Harmful Substances and Sensitivities (Aspartame, L-Cysteine, preservatives, pesticides, environmental toxins) » Mold sensitivity « Previous Next »

LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 6:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm wondering if anyone else here has dealt with mold issues. My son continues to be chronically ill and lab tests indicated probably mold sensitivity and chronic infections, but the doctor says mold has to be treated first, then if his body doesn't kick the infections we go after those.

We did an ERMI test through mycometrics and it indicated a very high common mold burden as well as traces of water damage toxic molds that shouldn't be there at all. We removed an indoor hot tub and found Chaetomium ("the other black mold") under it. We remediated that and then moved out of the house last week and are remodeling/remediating the carpets and kitchen cabinets. What a process...

I'm having a hard time knowing how paranoid to be about not bringing any of it into this house. The real problem is the mycotoxins that the mold releases, especially when they are killed the mycotoxins get worse. Anyway, if anyone here has epxerience I would love to hear about it.
Nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 4:16 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So sorry you are having to deal with this and so glad that you know to get rid of the carpet which can harbor so many things. When we replaced our carpet with laminate and tile flooring, our allergies improved so much! About the mold---I read this information by Dr. Edward Close that might be helpful to you with the mold problem. http://www.naturesmoldrx.com/p/thieves-vs-standard-mold-remediation.html

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page