Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Zyclara for Pre-cancerous skin lesions

Battling the MSG Myth » Other Harmful Substances and Sensitivities (Aspartame, L-Cysteine, preservatives, pesticides, environmental toxins) » Zyclara for Pre-cancerous skin lesions « Previous Next »

Marnie B
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 1:45 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a very fair-skinned 55 year old red head who was recently diagnosed with actinic keratosis, a form of pre-cancerous skin lesion. I was prescribed Zyclara, a topical cream, for 14 days on, 14 days off and 14 days on, to remove the 3 small lesions.

I am not as sensitive as many on the board but after 8 days of using the cream at bedtime on 3 very small lesions, I started to feel a dull headache. By today, day 11, I nearly have a full blown migraine. I called the doctor's office, discussed my MSG sensitivity with the nurse and was told to discontinue the treatment.

The cream contains the following: isostearic acid, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, white pretrolatum, polysorbate 60, sorbitan monostearate, glycerin, xanthan gum, purified water, benzyl alcohol, methylparaben and propylparaben.

Are any of these ingredients possible culprit(s)? Thank you for any advice you may have.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 2:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Marnie, I've never used the cream but I also have had AK, in fact I was just at the dermotologists yesterday and he squirted several of my AK spots with liquid nitrogen, which is what he always does. Could this be a treatment for you so you don't have to use the cream?
Marnie B
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 2:15 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Di, thank you so much for your advice! I am going to discuss the liquid nitrogen with the doc at my appointment.
Marnie B
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 4:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just to update. The Zyclara was definitely the culprit. Better to trust Di's advice and pursue other alternatives if you have AK.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 1:57 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anyone ever heard of methylparaben in a health food item? I was looking at a chlorophyl and I'm guessing it is a preservative, but I'm not sure it's safe?!?! Thanks for any input!
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 5:35 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Although methylparaben applied on the skin may react with UVB, leading to increased skin aging and DNA damage, I know of no risk in ingesting it.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 4:35 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't ever remember seeing it in a list of ingredients. What food item are you thinking of?
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 12:26 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Methylparaben is used as a food preservative and has the E number E218. If a label says "preservatives" it may be in there.
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 10:14 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

About Zyclara:

It was approved by the FDA.
http://www.drugs.com/history/zyclara.html

That means it's bad. The Fraud and Deception Administration approves only bad things, never good things. Avoid it. If you want to know whether something is good, check whether FDA approved it. If they did, then it's bad.

Another rule is if a Medical Deity prescribes something, it's probably bad and expensive. Most doctors are not in the business of putting themselves out of business.

In a proper world, it would be normal for doctors to be in the business of putting themselves out of business, meaning their patients would get well and would stay well. And in a proper world, the doctors who are most effective in putting themselves out of business would get the most business, quite logical.

There are foods that have an anti-tumor effect. For example indole-3-carbinol in cabbage and cauliflower and broccoli, lycopene in tomatoes, betacyanin in beets, curcumin in turmeric powder. Put them together for synergy. All of them together have more anti-tumor effect than the sum of them individually.

Avoid everything that promotes tumors. This includes MSG.
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 - 3:31 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did anyone see the story about the FDA on "60 minutes" last night?

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page