Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

White coated tongue after eating bread

Battling the MSG Myth » Other Harmful Substances and Sensitivities (Aspartame, L-Cysteine, preservatives, pesticides, environmental toxins) » White coated tongue after eating bread « Previous Next »

Zorba
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 30, 2010 - 8:57 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

iīve been on a diet experimenting with food..i always had a white coating tongue.a few months agor went gluten, dairy soy and perservatives and all junk food with msg free..my tongue got with a pink red look after one month.other day eated a slice of white bread and my tongue got all white again..it takes 3,4 weeks to go back to normal coating..same happens with dairy and products that are made from soy and all hidrolized stuff.

The intresting part is that after this diet when i go back to any of these foods a feel bad after 2 days of consuming it and lasts 3 weeks +- till a feel better again.

In chinese medicine they use the tongue as a diagnosis and seems really easy to know whe we eatin bad stuff to our bodies..just look at our tongues.

Have You noticed that too?
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 9:07 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, my tongue does that, too.
kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 10:53 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Zorba, We had the same symptom. It hasn't escaped my notice that "tongue cleaners" are sold in stores now and I had never heard of one until 5 years ago.
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 7:49 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...all toothpastes do that to me... :P
zorba
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 12:55 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

white tongue but is not from toothpaste or pieces of food..You can see a difference when your mouth is clean from food or tooth paste.We can know that is some kind of reaction in the inner boddy that shows on the tongue

Of course after finishing washing teeth the tongues gets white cause we canīt get all the paste by washing,,saliva will takare of it in a few minutes..after that u can make some diagnostic
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 2:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh, i should be more clear... i actually react with a white burning tongue to some ingredient which is evidently common to every toothpaste i have ever tried. also canker sores. and the roof of my mouth peels. (personally, i suspect the silica... but then, i do have collagen-vascular disease)

i havent had any of those problems since i gave up toothpaste altogether earlier this year! ...now using plain baking soda followed by second brushing of just water, finished with 2 drops pure mint extract (i use HerbPharm brand) as an antibacterial rinse (thanx DebA for advising :-)

works great!

i have noticed that dairy also does the coated tongue thing to me, except for pure cream and butter. and yes, back when i was so ill from soy intolerance i had a lot of mouth problems too.
B'complex helped a lot (which is why i think i had significant B deficiencies), but i havent had to take any B'vites since i stopped using soy. good riddance to bad rubbish!
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 3:06 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

zorba, do you think yours could be related to yeast (candida) overgrowth in the gut?

i forgot to mention, i can have pure whole milk yogurt and it seems very soothing... a real 'feel good food'... but all other yogurts do the coated tongue thing. especially sweetened!
what happens when you try plain whole yogurt with zero additives (just whole milk & cultures)?

plain whole yogurt (raw, if you can get it) can be very balancing to the gut flora...
also, when my son had Thrush (a bad yeast infection in the mouth & throat) as a toddler, my naturopath recommended Caprylic Acid to combat it. nasty tasting stuff- but worked like a charm! i believe it comes from goat milk and coconut oil.
zorba
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 3:13 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

boīnana, iīm not sure if is yeast, but thatīs a strong possibility..i remember when my tongue was almost all pink i was feeling 90% well.

few days later i tried whole bread and whole pasta and my tongue got just a little more coating,but once just after a slice of white bread got my tongue with so deep coating tha i donīt know if that is yeast or the intolerance of flour or yeast from bread.and a feel like awfull almost all the time now with low eneergy,anxiety,depression.and as i said before onde ate pizza and 2 cakes and after 2 days i was in he++.almost could do anything even walking

Iīm on good diet again 3 weeks know and my tongue was getting pinkier, but one day got white again and the only thinh i can suspect was Lays Chips 40%less fat that contains only salt,sunflower oil.maybe isnīt safe who knows

how is the yeast test done? iīm considering visitin a orthomolecular doctor to test intolerances and deficiencies
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 8:03 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

gosh my sons & i have had soooo many tests run over the years, which i dont regret, but most came up 'normal' and the good drs would smile and say, "youre healthy, go home". end of discussion. i must say, the attitude of most drs. weve encountered has not done much for my opinion of their industry.

i do very much value the opinion of my husband's orthomolecular physician tho- he has been someone who has taken the time to really listen, research, and explain (in simple terms) all his theories & procedures that he has done with my hubby.
orthomolecular drs follow the theories and practices of the late, great Dr Linus Pauling, who pioneered that field of medicine. it seems a lot like naturopathy to me, except that orthomolecular medicine relies heavily on supplementation (msg sensitive must use caution there) and are willing to prescribe pharma as a last resort, if all other methods have tried & failed. but like naturopathy, orthomolecular physicians strictly follow the Hippocratic Oath which i think has been left by the wayside in allopathic (traditional western big pharma) medicine.

you wouldnt happen to live anywhere near the Willamette would you? if so, i would love to recommend Dr Kim Webster as your orthomolecular physician. we think so highly of his practice.

a couple tests which provided good information for my kids & i:
HEAVY METALS CHALLENGE (blood)- tests for presence of about a dozen different toxic metals (lead-merc-cadmium-aluminum-etc)
GASTROINTESTINAL EXPANDED PANEL (stool)- good overview of gut health, looks for certain antibodies to Soy-Egg-Dairy-Gluten, presence of certain bacterias & yeasts, and enzyme inflammation markers.

we also learned valuable info from this test on my ASD son (very spendy- but well worth it:
ELISA/ACT ALLERGY PROFILE- to learn more about that one, see this link to their website http://www.elisaact.com/test/nonhc/clinical-successes.asp
this is the page of patient testimonials, and you can also click the tabs to take you elsewhere in their website.

we just wouldnt have had the success with my ASD/Tourettes son that weve had, if it werent for this series of tests!
from Elisa/Act & Rast, we learned that he is sensitive to Casein (dairy)- Canola- Aluminum- and a whole bunch of additives, also the pesticides typically used on conventional produce. Rast showed allergy to Weeds and Cladosporium (black mildew-everywhere in the PacNW)
from the Metals Challenge, we discovered he was very high in Lead and Aluminum, and moderately in Mercury (he had to have Chelation to bring the nasties down)
from the GI Panel we learned that he had a parasite (the one cats get) and was also sensitive to Soy & Egg
...all these things caused the majority of his serious behaivioural issues, once we learned what was causing what, and learned to avoid and reduce, he has been able to gain control of many of his behaivioural difficulties and tourettes tics. most people say that if they didnt know better, they would never guess he is in the Autism Spectrum! he will always be 'quirky', as they say- but he can FUNCTION :-) :-)

growth and healing are always such a challenge to accomplish... ohhh, but its SO worth the struggle!
cheers (:
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 11:03 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok, im going to post again here... i can see from my first posts that i obviously didnt think i had any personal issues with yeast overgrowth at the time- but in the months since then, ive developed one issue after another that just makes me think its got to be a major problem for me too!

even tho my actual digestion does seem improved (less pain, IBS, etc- and better energy), in the last few months i have developed brand new sensitivities to quite a few foods that NEVER bothered me before- ie, anything made with yeast or flour or sugar of any kind! the only sweeteners i currently tolerate is RAW honey and PLAIN stevia, where before i never seemed to have any problems with evaporated cane juice crystals ("natural sugar"- unprocessed), maple syrup or pasteurized honey. chocolate suddenly makes my lips break out too! even the really good extra dark, barely sweetened kind. sourdough bread, plain white flour tortillas and water crackers were all safe before- currently i am down to plantain chips and rice cakes (BORING!) Good safe tortilla chips were just fine previously, but not long after my body decided it doesnt do wheat or yeast or sugar, corn ended up next on the list- like bham, overnite. i tried a few homemade things with gluten free flours and reacted to them too, if anything, maybe worse. and, i am now even suspecting coffee and peanut butter are starting to bother me, i can still have a smidge of either but any more than that and my skin is now reacting. had to switch to herb tea and almond butter, so far so good there- but its just not the same! sheesh!

all i can figure is that i must have suddenly reached a tipping point during the holidays (see other posts about Black Tea starting the whole cascade)... and now ive got to discover how to stop this runaway train before even more perfectly decent foods suddenly become intolerable!

kristy & sara, you both said you feel that yeast overgrowth may be key to your symptoms, and im thinking thats got to be whats going on w me too. im doing LOTS of new reading, and a lot of things are making sense...

so i thought i would post a link to this really good page... very helpful chart of foods/herbs that help & foods to avoid:
http://www.empowerlife.com/candida.html

and these on zinc deficiency, since candida/leaky gut evidently is big at causing mineral imbalances through poor absorption- and i know i am definitely feeling better and seeing less eczema & improved healing of sores & those wierd fiery pimples now that i am getting more zinc from oysters every day:
http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Zinc-Deficiency.htm
http://george-eby-research.com/html/warning.html

...i dont know what to think of everything on the george eby site, but he definitely made a lot of connections that certainly seem relevant to my own experience- for example, he connects chronic zinc insufficiency with scleroderma and i have a collagen-vascular condition in that family of disorders (!)

cant wait to hear what y'all think of all that!
sara
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 8:12 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It sounds like we are both faced with new reactions to new foods. I started doing this around 30 plus years ago and then it took years before the reactions settled down. Back then I could pinpoint it to wheat (who knows if it was really wheat or something else used with wheat), oats were milder, and apples. Rye was okay so it wasn't gluten. That was about all I knew. I also became intolerant of some brands of ice cream. In time I was able to return to eating wheat but kept away from apples. However at the same time as these reactions I had experienced major headaches and became chemically sensitive or at least it appeared.

I remember reading your tea reaction before. I am not sure it isn't part of my problem too so I am finishing my second day of being caffeine free - only tea today is some chamomile - yesterday just warm water. I thought this spring I was reacting to fluoride myself and researched it. If I go back about 10 years I can remember having some milder mouth problems than now and saying I thought tea was behind them. At that time I was treated with lots of diflucan and I felt better on it but it didn't take away the mouth symptoms. In time again they disappeared to return even worse 3 1/2 years ago. It seems they are symptoms of benzo withdrawal and maybe that is it (as well as some of the stuff from 30 years ago) as I was given valium and sleepers back then and also just went off a long haul of taking other sleepers to get sleep in dealing with PTSD.

I know I will always get that "you have a candida" problem score on those tests. I was given lots of penicillin as a kid. I know I felt better after a week of diflucan each time I took it so I do suspect candida. I haven't had a private's infection for a long time but had several in my life.

I looked at that first link you posted. That list of foods is more generous than off that site Kristy posted. I would be even closer to meeting it. The downfalls I have right now are peanut butter, potatoes and fruit / juice (juice concentrate in carbonated water only). I have gradually been eliminating things on this list of about 25 things for a "sinus" diet and just have potatoes, peanuts, and eggs left on it to eliminate; I did citrus last week and doing caffeine right now.

One problem I see in all of this is finding good food sources of certain minerals (magnesium and potassium are the two I am most concerned about) that I can easily obtain and will actually eat. I have done some looking but need to do more. We are both kind of fussy in our eating habits and there are so many things right now I am fixing / buying for us separately.
Nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 3:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I too have had problems with candida. A nutritionist helped me or I would never have figured it out. I am much better now, but still have issues with food and chemical intolerances. This website has a lot of good information including recipes. http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/
sara
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 6:57 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nana,

I have seen that site before and had downloaded their food lists at one time. It was good to have and I think we each need to find some balance of all these sites that work for us.
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 8:29 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i agree, sara- i dont think there is any "one size fits all" approach that will absolutely work for everyone. figuring out the balance is definitely needed... but soooo tricky, no?

for example, i was pondering today how all the candida diets urge the sufferer away from all the foods which seem to stimulate HcL production, becoz candida thrives in the presence of acid- yet, how is a heavily alkali diet going to benefit someone like me, chronically low in stomach acid to begin with?

there must be something i am missing- some piece still missing from this puzzle!

nana, what are some of the ways your nutritionist helped you get it all sorted out? could you share some of the things youve learned in your struggle to regain your health and eliminate this nasty crud? i am glad to know you do feel so much better, tho i hear you when you say you still have sensitivities... a permanent consequence of the battle, i suppose. what are your current chemical intolerances, which ones have been hardest to deal with? anything you want to share would be gratefully received, i am really struggling to make connections and identify the pattern with all this.

i am going to have to print out a bunch of stuff off that website and put it in a binder so i can try to make sense of it all!
cheryla
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 7:51 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm right there with all of you in the tongue thing. I went to the wholeapproach website and ordered their journal yesterday, it is due to arrive today. Must be that $10 shipping :-)
It looks pretty detailed and can hopefully help pinpoint and explain all symptoms.

P.S. Does anyone else live in Wisconsin or are most of you on the West Coast?
Nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2011 - 4:50 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I tried to post a reply some time ago, but evidently I didn’t do it right. I was very sick and needed the one on one with a nutritionist. She put me on the anti-yeast diet and suggested supplements and homeopathic drops. I had not been absorbing the nutrients from the food that I ate and needed the vitamins and minerals. I’ve been working on this for a while. I am better but I am still intolerant of gluten, dairy, soy, yellow corn (not white corn, but I don’t what the difference is), BHA, BHT, MSG, perfume, air fresheners, paint, and others are bad. Keep on reading and learning. We'll get this all figured out one day---maybe soon.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page