Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Signatures needed to help prevent GM ...

Battling the MSG Myth » Other Harmful Substances and Sensitivities (Aspartame, L-Cysteine, preservatives, pesticides, environmental toxins) » Signatures needed to help prevent GM crops being grown in Europe. « Previous Next »

ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 11:08 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The European Commission has just approved growing genetically modified crops for the first time in 12 years, putting the GM lobby's profits over public concerns -- 60% of Europeans feel we need more information before growing foods that could threaten our health and environment.

A new initiative allows 1 million EU citizens a unique chance to make official requests of the European Commission. Let's build a million voices for a ban on GM foods until the research is done. Sign the petition below and spread the word.
Don't forget to include your address so that all of our signatures count for the citizens' initiative.

www.avaaz.org/en/eu_health_and_biodiversity/?cl=533840959&v=5899
mariann's husband
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2010 - 1:02 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ali mariann's husband i tried to sign the petition but it would not let me send it there was no place to list the US as my country . If you know how I can get around that, we will be glad to do it. husband
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2010 - 10:25 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I put it on in the hope that anyone in Europe using the site would sign. Ive just looked and you are right, you cant sign it in the US which is a bit unfair. Ive just put a message through to AVAAZ asking if its possible. Ill let you know if i get a response. Ali
Mariann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 5:25 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Ali, Mariann

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page