Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Paul Newman products

Battling the MSG Myth » Safe Foods I Have Tried » Paul Newman products « Previous Next »

James
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 10, 2010 - 11:29 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What about the regular Newman O's, has anyone tried these? My wife buys them all the time and I avoid eating them, but it would be nice to have something like that to eat when I want sweet food.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 11:51 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was able to eat the peppermint filled chocolate O's until recently when I began to react to them..heard from others who reported the same thing. James, cookies are one of the easiest things to make. There are several good recipes for them in our book. YOU CAN DO IT! I do okay with the gingersnaps in the tub at Trader Joe's.
James
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 8:07 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You know, I should spend more time in the second half of the book. I've browsed the recipes, but I haven't tried any yet. These days, I pretty much eat the same thing every day, but it's all fast and pretty reliably clean :-), basically fruit, salad, chicken, rice, and simple snacky stuff like pumpkin seeds. I'll have a look at the cookie recipes though, thanks!
kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 3:26 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

James, we make blondies which are just "bar cookies". In other words, portioning out the cookie dough and then baking a few a time doesn't really fit into my lifestyle so we make bar cookies. You can cook any cookie recipe this way by just pressing the dough into a 9 x 13 pan and adjusting cook time. Cut them like brownies when done and serve. The first time you cook them you will need to watch them carefully and go by the doneness of the edges. After that, you will know how long to cook them and it works like a dream everytime. Much easier for us than cookies.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 17, 2010 - 10:00 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

James, I forgot to add that there is a recipe for yogurt in the book.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page