Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Sometimes eggs give me the same sympt...

Battling the MSG Myth » Safe Foods I Have Tried » Sometimes eggs give me the same symptoms..any ideas? « Previous Next »

Erica K.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 10:22 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A note on eggs, from my understanding heating any protein past a certain temperature will release glutamic acid from the proteins - so glutamates are found in any cooked meats, pastuerized dairy, cheese (because of the casein and heat process it goes through).

And non-stick pan surfaces are made from flouride (that lovely stuff put in your toothpaste and drinking water to prevent cavities) - which is a neurotoxin. Great book is "The Truth About Flouride"... :-)
Martha
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 9:36 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's important to buy high quality eggs. I found this article with great info:

"I don’t just buy any eggs. I only buy pastured eggs from local farmers who keep their chickens outdoors and let them roam around in the sun, eating bugs. I also only buy eggs from farmers who do not feed their chickens soy."
http://www.cheeseslave.com/2009/02/20/how-to-buy-organic-eggs-pastured-vs-free-range-eggs/
bobby
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 8:59 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A note on eggs, from my understanding heating any protein past a certain temperature will release glutamic acid from the proteins ?

noone has answered this question.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 3:40 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It takes liquid and high heat..sometimes it also requires the use of strong food grade acids to break down the protein into its minute parts, one being free glutamic acid. Simmer eggs or any protein rich food on low heat. Some protein rich foods contain more naturally occurring glutamate than others.
ShannonU
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 3:21 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There was a news report on CNN just yesterday that said Arsenic in large amounts was found in almost all chicken feed/grain. Apparently it was sprinkled around the grail silos to keep the rats out.
Traces of it were found in the chicken meat and eggs.
THIS might explain why I can only eat free-range pastured organic eggs?
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 5:38 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I saw a report a few years back and all of the conventional chicken tested high in arsenic. I thought it was used as a pesticide on the feed itself but I could be wrong.

Any heavy metal will increase glutamate sensitivity is what I have read, as it disrupts the NMDA receptor's ability to close, or something like that.

I have heavy metal toxicity, both mercury and lead, and haven't chelated it as it can be dangerous to pull it out and have it float around the bloodstream especially for those sensitive to glutamate. But I did have all my amalgams replaced, very carefully by a trained dentist, and that has helped quite a bit. From my understanding, the overall load of all the heavy metals is a big problem as they combine negatively.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page