Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Pizza Restaurants

Battling the MSG Myth » Safe Foods I Have Tried » Pizza Restaurants « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted From: 71.100.94.208
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 7:07 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found that I can eat from Pizza Hut without any issues, I checked their website and they do not have MSG in their sauce, cheese or Crust. Some toppings do have MSG, however, like sausage, Chicken and BBQ I think. They list allergy information on their website and actually tell you which items have MSG, which is great! I wish more restaurants did that. Why is it that only Chinese Restaurants are advertising that they don't have MSG. Just goes to show you how brainwashed society is.

Domino's claims not to have MSG in any of their ingredients, but we'll see. I'm going to try some tomorrow and report back.

Little Ceasers has MSG in their sauce, so none of their pizzas are safe. I had several seizures after eating their pizza and very bad dystonia for two weeks after that (MSG gives me seizures and dystonia). I looked them up online and found out about the MSG. Don't trust Hungry Howie's either, I haven't tested them but I hear they have MSG in their sauce as well.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 7:26 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pizza Hut crusts contain malted barley flour and sometimes wheat protein isolate. Their pizza cheese has whey protein concentrate. The sauce for their taco pizza contains maltodextrin, hydrolyzed soy protein and autolyzed yeast extract. Some of the ingredients of their toppings are maltodextrin, autolyzed yeast extract, hydrolyzed wheat gluten, hydrolyzed yeast, corn, soy and wheat proteins, disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate.

http://www.pizzahut.com/files/pdf/ph_ingredients.pdf
Jerry Story
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 1:36 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Restaurants are out to get you. Only the paranoid survive. If you are not paranoid, you are crazy.

Did you ever make a left turn while driving, cutting across traffic? If there is any doubt whether it is safe, it is not safe. Same deal with food.

Rule #1: All restaurants are guilty until proved innocent.
Rule #2: Any evidence that they are innocent is out of order.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 8:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hungry Howie's uses sodium caseinate in their pizza dough, monosodium glutamate in their ranch flavored pizza crust, and lots a lot of suspicious "flavorings".

http://hungryhowies.com/nutrition/ingredients
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 8:42 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Little Caesar's brags that they use "special seasonings", but won't reveal what they are.

http://www.littlecaesars.com/menu/nutrition.asp
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 8:10 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We have a local pizza place, Falbo Bros, that makes everything from scratch. It's really good (though simple and more "natural" tasting). They have a decent GF (but probably not glutamate free) pizza too. Our church school director now gets all of the pizza for the youth group from them, so that our son can eat the same as the other kids, which has been wonderful.

(Dutchbabies, I haven't checked for malted barley flour because we can handle small amounts and we don't eat it often).
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 3:35 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's a list of Falbo Bros Pizza locations in Colorado, Iowa and Wisconsin, but I suggest caution, especially with their sauces, and with toppings like pepperoni and sausage. "From scratch" does not mean "safe".

http://www.falbobrospizza.com/locations.html
Fluffysmomtoo
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 10:57 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Domino's Pizza is not safe. I had a terrible pounding headache the last time I had some. I was also very lethargic and lay on the couch for a day.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 2:52 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fluffysmom,

You're right about Domino's, and thanks for warning everyone. Their ingredients list (scroll down in the link below) is full of things to avoid. They use caseinate and carrageenan in their deep dish pizza crust. Their marinara sauce contains Maltodextrin, Hydrolyzed Corn Gluten, Natural Flavoring and Yeast Extract. Their pizza cheese has Whey Protein Concentrate. The GRILLED CHICKEN contains Maltodextrin, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Whey
Powder, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate and Soy Protein Concentrate. Their PHILLY STEAK topping is coated with Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy, and Wheat Protein, Autolyzed
Yeast Extract, Maltodextrin, Flavorings, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate and Carrageenan. The list goes on.

http://cache.dominos.com/homev8/docs/menu/dominos_nutrition_v2.21.00.pdf
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 3:23 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roy, you are right about "from scratch" not really meaning anything. I did check all the ingredients that they use at our local branch and they passed for our family. They were able to list the individual spices they put in the sauce. Luckily, we don't react to plain tomato paste or once-in-a-while exposure to flour that contains malted barley flour.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page