Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

List of free glutamic acid in foods?

Battling the MSG Myth » Safe Foods I Have Tried » List of free glutamic acid in foods? « Previous Next »

Pitt326
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 6:39 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Book: Tossing Meds has such a list. It provides the amount of free glutamate for multiple foods. It gives you the gluamate amounts per food and you can compare each food to others. It will provide the free glutate measurements on tomatos,beans, etc.
Miss Kitty
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 12:55 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Tossing Meds" sounds like an interesting book. I looked it up in Amazon and Borders but could not find it. Do you know the author or publisher?
Pitt326
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 4:40 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Its a book sold online. Go to www.tossingmeds.com It will provide you with all the available statistics on free glutamate amounts of foods. Please be aware that I am the author. The website will provide a summary of the book. Its a harsher diet then most on this forum are used too, because it needed to be to rid myself of my chronic illnesses, but it is very informative and scientific. My primary motivation has been to relay my diet to those with the same chronic illnesses that I had, but I thought I should mention that this is available in this forum. Since I have the figures on many foods, it does clear up many of the arguments and ambiguities in this forum.

Thanks,

Adam
Anonymous
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 3:28 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it's amazing to me that if your primary motivation is to relay your diet and help people, you would begin by charging $25 for an online version of the book. it's nice that you offer a preview, but it seems like you are withholding most of the information that is unique to your book. posting those statistics on free glutamate would be extremely helpful to us all, but you're treating this information like a proprietary which more closely mirrors the glutamate industry than the people on this board, many of whom have suffered for years to provide us with information and still do so for free...information which you frequently quote...
Anonymous

Posted From: 71.219.9.124
Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 7:59 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Couldn't agree more with anonymous.
Anonymous

Posted From: 98.248.149.156
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 9:50 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there,
This person has a right to charge for what must have taken him many hours of research.
You pay for movies, you pay for books, you pay for all kinds of information.
This is no different.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 11:33 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If someone wants to find the glutamate percentages for most major foods, they can do some searching online or pay someone to do it...that's up to them. When someone buys my book, they are getting two years worth of research and more in experience. But I do post a list of free important information on our site, answer daily email, offer a supportive discussion board, answer phone calls that come in at all hours of the day and night, try to visit and post here as often as I can, constantly update the book, and get very nervous teaching classes about MSG at churches and women's groups, and on radio talk shows. :-) My husband spends many an evening making the books and getting them ready for shipping. Our time is not always our own, but we enjoy being able to do this work, to be able to hand out free books to certain individuals in need and to health professionals. We are excited when we hear from people we have helped..there is no better reward. The price on our book was set at $24.00 by Barnes and Noble...we charge less and offer discounts. We learned that when things are too cheap or given away, they are not always appreciated or used. The information about MSG is invaluable..it's up to each of us to decide if we want or need it and if we will benefit from it. Just a few personal thoughts about free enterprise and hard work. Thank all of you here for helping so many who are newbies and who visit here. You give from your heart and experience. Dr. Blaylock once used this forum to advertise his latest book. That's not what the forum is for...but if it helps someone, that fine.
Debbey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 1:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the information shared here saved my life.
I am here today because of the people who
took the time to care.
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 3:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i too have learned so much in the past year (less really!)
- and i have DebA and her website and everyone at this discussion board to thank
as we are a disability family, it did take us awhile to find the additional funds to purchase the book... but i have to say it was such a SMALL price to pay for all the literally life-saving info that my family has freely received from this site.
Deb, it is so easy for me to see that you and your husband have given much more than youve ever asked in return... so i agree completely with Debbey's assessment- i too feel that i am still here & functional(!) today becoz of the people here who took the time to care, and to share.

i suppose there will always be a few who just cant be pleased :-(
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 3:19 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(btw... i would buy 20 of your books if i could!)
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 7:49 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just didn't want Adam to feel like his efforts are worthless..I did for years until someone started to listen. Thanks so much, Debbey and bo'nana. And we do give huge discounts for larger orders of books, bo'nana! :-)
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2011 - 10:28 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb you are amazing what you and your DH do. Thank you for all of your time and sacrifice.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2011 - 4:25 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Emily! And I know you share so much with others. How is your site doing? Haven't been there in awhile.
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 3:16 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Deb,
It's good to hear from you. I'm getting my pain under control now and just getting back to cooking again so I'm posting new recipes on my recipe blog as we find new favorites.

I had a Radio Frequency Rhizotomy to cauterize the nerves that feed through the facet joints in my C3-C6 and it has blocked almost all of my nerve pain. For some reason my body is wired a little differently and my facial nerves ran through these joints that were being compressed from the injury.

I've also had a few steroid injections and just finished 6 weeks of physical therapy. The physical therapy has helped SO much to get my range of motion back in my neck and decrease the daily muscular tension headache's I was getting.

We are now waiting on a CT scan of my sinuses to figure out why I'm having so much pain around my eyes and in my sinus areas.

We have been able to peel away so many layers of pain and now we are at the tail end of it all (we hope!).

It's great to be able to be back checking this site and especially nice to be able to start cooking again. I have really missed being in the kitchen and eating regular meals.

I have learned a lot on coping through a major injury while having such an extreme sensitivity to MSG.

It was always my biggest fear that something would happen to me and my life would depend on me taking a medication to save my life and my stomach wouldn't be able to tolerate digesting all the binders and fillers of the medications. I am so sensitive to all meds and can't even handle Ibuprofen. But we were faced with this and made it through it.

When I have a little bit of time, I'll post here on what I've learned on ways to cope.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 8:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Emily, I feel so badly that you had to endure so much. It's good to hear that you have such a winner's attitude. Glad to hear you're able to get back to cooking. Yes, it's a fear we all have...getting ill or being injured and having to rely on others to make it through, knowing how we all react to certain substances. Take care and keep us posted. Please, post your recipe site again for all here. Best wishes!
bo'nana
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 5:02 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

emily... i would love to hear all about your coping strategies.
very sorry youve been through such an ordeal, but GLAD that it seems you may be coming to the other side of it :-)
bobby
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 8:56 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I live in mexico and it would be logistically difficult to get the book here,

can there be a download version we can get by using paypal?
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 3:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are working on that(an E version. We send books all over the world, Bobby, via Global Priority.
bobby
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 4:09 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do you have an idea what the price would be to get it in mexico?

the mexican postal system is very slow and risky...

but we have ups and dhl though...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page