Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Heart palpatations

Battling the MSG Myth » Brand Names of Food Products You Have Found Safe » Heart palpatations « Previous Next »

Seeburg220
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 4:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This thread is almost 4 years old, but I wanted to "bump it", because I've found so much valuable information on it for me today.

I'm 44 and have had Afib 3x. I am hypersensitive to caffene (sodas, chocolate, etc). I used to down sodas and candy enormously when I was in my teens and twenties. I think it caught up to me. By eliminating caffene, I don't get Afib, Pvc's or any other cardiac problems.

Recently, I discovered that MSG quite possibly played a role in an episode where I felt very faint. I had finished a steak in a restaurant, and suddenly felt my heart rate go way up and thought I would black out. After a minute, I was fine and my heart returned to normal. I did go the hospital and also the cardiologist: I am fine and have no underlying heart problem. However, I did continue to have PVC's several times a day for about a week or so, after that. They have subsided completely now, and I am focusing on reading or knowing every single thing I put in my mouth. When in doubt, I throw it out. I had no idea MSG was in so many foods and under so many deceptive names.

I also take 500mg daily of Magnesium.

Thank you so much for this website. Imagine if we didn't have the internet, and still had to rely solely on one doctor's knowledge or maybe a library book!
James D.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 3:57 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Palps are my first free glutamate reaction. I have noticed that I get them more often and more intense when I drink coffee. I don't know if it is the caffiene or free glutamate (maybe both) in the coffee. Today is day two of no coffee for me, and the improvement is quite noticable!
kristy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 4:13 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you suspect the steak, it could be injected with "broth" for flavor or it could have been sprinkled with an msg seasoning. Look out for meat with broth added (hydrolyzed vegetable broth usually containing all kinds of poisons) in the grocery store since most of them seem to have it these days.
Kaye
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 8:34 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Seeburg hit a note with me when he said how thankful he was to have this site and the internet to help us figure this all out. If I had to depend on my physician (and I have seen many) and the library, I would still be having daily migraines. Over the years, the doctors prescribed antidepressants; anti-seizure meds; muscle relaxers; beta-blockers; physical therapy; to mention just a few, and still I continued to have migraines, mood swings, eye problems and other unexplained symptoms. Now, I realize that the symptoms continued because I continued to ingest MSG and FGA while trying to treat the symptoms. I am really disappointed that M.D.s don't recognize and suggest this as a possible cause of migraines. Thanks from the bottom of my heart to all of you who have been so helpful with your information and personal experience with this most frustrating intolerance problem. You have given me a life again.
Mariann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 4:10 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kaye I feel the same way. This story is so familiar to all of us. I am thankful for Deb A. and all the people here that help each other every day. As for me, I gave my Primary care doctor one of Deb's books and he has asked me if he can give my phone number to 2 of his patients so that they can look into this. I only hope more and more Drs. get on board with this. Mariann

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page