Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Not all butter is safe

Battling the MSG Myth » Brand Names of Food Products You Have Found Safe » Not all butter is safe « Previous Next »

LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2013 - 1:11 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wanted to warn all of you that Great Value Unsalted Butter (ie Walmart and Sam's) has "natural flavorings" and both my son and I reacted badly to it when I baked with it last night. We didn't eat anything else that we haven't had before and I'm positive it was the culprit. It was a stick that I was given without the box, but I wouldn't normally check the box on butter, for goodness sake. Now I know.

I'm not sure I would trust it, but the "regular" salted butter doesn't have the natural flavorings according to web information I found.
sara
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 8:34 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

most if not all unsalted butter is problematic

About a year or so ago, I think that I saw natural flavorings in Tillamook salted butter and avoided buying it and opted for store brand which wasn't on sale and Tillamook was.
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 5:30 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Sara. Have you ever seen salted butter that is a problem? I wonder if I tell friends and family that "salted butter" is OK, if that would be safe?
marie12
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 5:47 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have some Tillamook salted butter, and the only ingredients are cream and salt. I've been fine with that, and Challenge salted butter, as well as the Fred Meyer brand. I did have problems with Darigold salted butter, however. In case that's helpful to anyone.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page