Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Msg free cheese

Battling the MSG Myth » Brand Names of Food Products You Have Found Safe » Msg free cheese « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted From: 68.231.164.2
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 2:35 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm new at this, just connected my dad's lifelong migraines to msg. He has always reacted to foods with msg blatantly on the label, I just had no idea it was hidden in everything until now. He also has to avoid high tyramine foods, so I am looking for fresh, not aged, cheeses that don't contain msg. Most labels say 'enzymes' which is an msg danger I was told. Any tips on finding safe cheese?
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 5:14 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't eat cheese so I cannot comment about that, but I can tell you that one of my favorite foods right now is cashew cheese. It's super easy to make in the blender--all you need is raw cashews, juice of half a lemon and/or a tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar, and salt. You blend it with just enough water to get it going. It's fantastic for macaroni and cheese! I modify the recipe to use additional water, lots of fresh garlic, and fresh basil to create a creamy Alfredo type sauce. I cook that with white wine and it is really fantastic, even to my friends who love dairy. I like to pair it with organic brown rice pasta (from Trader Joe's).

I use it as a substitute for heavy cream in recipes such as soups, curries, etc. In this case I would leave out the lemon and vinegar and just make it plain so it tastes less cheesy and more like cream. I hope this helps!
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 2:41 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've encountered very few people that react to mild brick cheeses. I know that some very sensitive individuals do, but we eat a lot of cheese without issue. So, whole milk or fresh mozzarella, montery jack, mild cheddar, whole milk ricotta without carageenan, etc might be ok.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page