Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Newman's creme cookies

Battling the MSG Myth » Brand Names of Food Products You Have Found Safe » Newman's creme cookies « Previous Next »

Dutchbabiesx2
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 11:52 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We tried the Newman's creme cookies. We decided to try them when looking for cookies on a camping trip. The mint cookies say "natural mint flavoring" sooo . . we tried the regular creme cookies and no reaction.

He has had a really clean diet lately so he could tolerate something that is in it, but twice now he has been fine.
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2012 - 7:33 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think some of the "wheat free" ones are problematic too, just something to watch for especially if anyone else is picking them up :-)

We've never reacted to natural flavor in cookies. I avoid it in savory foods though.

Plain, regular Oreos are good too, and an option if you need to avoid "processed...with nuts".

This weekend for father's day we made an ice cream cake. Chopped Oreos mixed with melted butter (which I don't think it really needed) spread between two springform pans, then one box of Breyer's Chocolate softened and put in one later, then one box of Mint Chip in the other. We topped the whole thing with Dark chocolate mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with expeller-pressed (no flavor) coconut oil to make Magic Shell. It was a big hit :-)
Dutchbabiesx2
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 6:56 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Come to find out, after a few days of my son having 2-3 cookies, he did not do well, so now possibly they will be for a very special occasion!
Di
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 4:02 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If he didn't do very well after having cookies, why would he want to feel badly after a special occasion?
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 4:41 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My little one has certain things she cannot tolerate day in day out...a few days down the line we hit her tolerance level and she begins to react. Most of these things i allow her to have at say a kids party so she doesnt feel so isolated on the food front. Cadburies chocolate fingers being one. She will have a couple at a party and be fine and she feels like she has had party food to the same as the other kids. Its very hard to keep saying no to little people when all their peers are eating sweets and candies.
My bug bare is the icecream man. He comes every day and the kids on the block get icecream from him and my little ones cant. Ive just discovered banana icecream. I have a tub on the go. Just freeze chopped bananas and then whiz them in a processor and you have a banana icecream with nothing but bananas in it. If its a little stiff to mix a splash of cream or milk helps.
Dutchbabiesx2
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2012 - 8:59 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes, if on occasion when the diet is clean, he can have 2-3 for just one day and then nothing for a week or so. But several days in a row then he gets a mild reaction.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page