Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Candy bar

Battling the MSG Myth » Brand Names of Food Products You Have Found Safe » Candy bar « Previous Next »

Dutchbabiesx2
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 8:15 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am pleasant my surprised by "Kinder" chocolate bar. I read the label several times, crossed my fingers and fed it to my son.

He is fine! Not sure you can find them much in the US. While we are in Europe it is a nice treat for him and can be found nearly everywhere.
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2012 - 4:55 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, i forgot about kinder bars. My kids little two dont like them, but i remember my older child used to have these as a rare treat and have no reaction. :-) Enjoy !
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 5:12 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What is in regular chocolate that is a problem?

I was so proud of my son the other day. A couple of days after a gaming event, he said, "So, apparently Twix is safe for me and peanut M&Ms are safe for me." I heard "peanut butter" and started to freak. He pointed out that it had been two days past and he hadn't reacted. Then he said, "I didn't have the Kit-Kat; it had yeast in it."

Not only had he waited two days to judge the reaction without letting me know (he thinks I'm always attributing *my* bad mood to food he eats :-) -- "You're the one in a mood mom,I'm fine.") but he READ LABELS. In a store where he probably had to ask to see them...it's both a great step for him and an indication he is starting to really accept things as they are.
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 9:50 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Its great to see them start taking responsibility for the food they chose. Ive a fifteen year old that is highly vigilant. He will even sit in Macdonalds or Kentucky on school trips while his friends eat and not partake. He then eats his packed lunch on the coach.
My six year old is getting there. She now tells me why she is reacting to food she ate!! She tries to be vigilant but she is six, and sometimes things are just too tantalising!
My three year old reacts severely and im just about to send her to preschool. Its very detrimental to her and will be hard work to keep her safe.
Dutchbabiesx2
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 1:55 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it is very good to see my 9 yr old read the labels and ask. I've heard a few times speak up for himself. We were in a store that most likely had safe things and it was very busy. I asked him if he wanted to me ask or to just chance it, he said he felt better if I asked!
Even our 8 yr old who does not react that we are aware of asks too. They both have seen extreme success with this change!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page