Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

In and Out Burger- Safe fries and pro...

Battling the MSG Myth » Brand Names of Food Products You Have Found Safe » In and Out Burger- Safe fries and protein style burger « Previous Next »

EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 5:51 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just wanted to share that the fast food chain "In and Out Burger" we have found safe for us.

They slice the potatoes on site (you can see them slicing them), then they go right into the deep fryer. The fries are the only thing fried so there isn't cross contamination. They sprinkle the fries with salt and pepper. I bring my own catsup's and have never had a reaction.

They have a separate allergy grill they clean between each use. Their beef patties are only beef, salt and pepper. I order an "allergy" burger protein style (no bun). I get the beef patty, tomato and lettuce.

We have eaten there 10 times over the past 3 years and I've been just fine. It's great to have a fast food place that takes pride in having a simple, clean menu.

Here is their website, they are mostly in the west.

http://www.in-n-out.com/default.asp
LisaS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 - 9:33 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, that's great!

My son does well with Good Times if we get a burger with the swiss cheese (not American) and the "homecut fries". But he's not nearly as sensitive as you (and is on Namenda too), for example, he has restaurant ketchup on occasion.
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 8:17 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Emily for this tip! Very much appreciated. I wish there was an organic brand of ketchup that would make little packets I could keep in my car or purse! I wrote Annie's asking if they do this.
Roy Piwovar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 12:37 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They do, but the brand I found doesn't say "100% organic" so I don't trust them not to include autolyzed yeast extract in the "organic spices".

http://www.minimus.biz/Chelten-House-Organic-Ketchup-packet-F01-0148701-1100.aspx
AdaLovelace
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 1:48 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wrote Annie's, and it looks like they don't think they supply packets. I love their ketchup as it doesn't list "spices" in the ingredients. If anyone finds packets of condiments that are safe please send them my way. :-)
EmilyS
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 7:26 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

At a local restaurant supply store, I bought little 1 oz. plastic "to go" containers. I use these to take my own ketchup, salad dressing or dip with me. They have been great to pack in lunches.

A little packet of ketchup would be awesome. Funny the simple things we miss. . .
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2012 - 12:01 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Like Emily i take my own in the little plastic to go containers. My middle one would be lost without her organic ketchup! :-)
Anonymous

Posted From: 66.189.196.8
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2012 - 11:55 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Visited son and family last week, and to celebrate, they took us to Red Robin, a burger joint. I asked if the hamburger was just that..if seasoning salt was added to the burger...yes, it was. I just got a vanilla shake and did fine with it. All the others got stomach aches that evening. Good lesson for all. So glad that my son and his wife are now starting to make the connection more clearly and have promised to eat more real foods.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page