Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Bare Fruit Fuji Apple Chips

Battling the MSG Myth » Brand Names of Food Products You Have Found Safe » Bare Fruit Fuji Apple Chips « Previous Next »

sara
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 3:22 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

safe?

I don't think so - any one else try these?

These are bake dried apple slices (organic) with skin on still.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 3:43 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know this topic is safe foods, but I wanted to warn you about Dave's Killer Bread sold at Costco. Loved this product. (: They had people from the company there with the different samples. I saw that they all had wheat gluten added, and expressed my hope that they make a bread without it, because it is so nutritious and tasty. They told me that they barely use any gluten, so I bought some to test myself. Love the "good seed" bread and had been using it for 3 months at least 2 or 3 times a week. I started to have pain in my left hip like a toothache, and just chalked it up to age and an old injury..but then decided to stop eating the bread. My hip is back to normal. Miss the bread, but will make my own version now! Both my hips ached years ago and due to keeping track of reactions in my food journal, discovered that the butter I used was bothering me..switched to organic and problem solved. So be careful of even the most benign seeming items..and keep a food journal to catch suspect culprits!
sara
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 9:56 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I also knew the topic was "safe" foods but didn't see "unsafe" at the time I posted - maybe I didn't look hard enough.

I figured anyone looking for Bare Fruit apple chips would use search and hopefully find the post. I had searched for them before I bought them and came up empty.

I had a full blown flare with spaciness, elevated blood pressure, tremors; I won't know for sure it was this (and not stress) for another couple days - reactions tend to last 3 or 4 days for me.

I ate a 2.6 oz package which said it had 5 organic apples in it over 2 days - 1/4 to 1/3 of it Friday night and the rest Sunday night.

My BP was elevated some Saturday but the big impact was on Monday. I also had twilight sleep both nights after eating these. I am not sure that is part of the MSG type reactions or just that the twilight sleep will cause my BP to be up the next day.

I haven't looked at the cpap data but I did look at the O2 data for these nights and I had quite a few more O2 drop events than usual. They were not good nights. I am too new at this to know again if this was a glutamate reaction. It could be something else entirely such as some trace amounts of something in the washing solution.
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 2:01 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb A : How ironic. Ive just logged on for the first time in a while and im sat here with a pain in my hip. Wondering if something has sneaked its way in to my diet somehow. I always had hip pain and that was one of the first things to disappear when i stopped eating msg... Time to get out my food diary and see can i track down whats causing the problem. I cant think that ive changed anything. Ive had a few headaches this week too and a stiff neck. But been so busy that ive just put it down to stress. Which in itself should have been a warning sign. Im pretty laid back. Feeling stressed and agitated is normally one of the first indications ive been eating something that doesnt agree.. Will i ever learn to trust what my body is telling me?? Thanks for the reminder
ali
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 2:14 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb, do you think the hip could have been a reaction to seeds. I ask because the one thing i have done in the last couple of weeks is add organic ground seeds to the brown bread i make. Sunflower, flax and pumpkin seeds. Any thoughts? I cant think that i would react to them but i just realised you were also eating seed bread.It could be conincidence of course, Any feedback appreciated.
Deb A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 10:05 am:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ali, that's a good point. It could be the seeds in addition to the gluten powder. I've reacted to bread with gluten powder before, so assumed it was just that. Another thing to consider is the glutamate present in the seeds you mentioned. Either way, I know I am doing so much better. Thanks for your input. Sara, was there any citric acid in the apple product?
sara
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 1:03 pm:   Delete PostPrint Post   Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deb

only ingredient listed is organic apples - I did not call them about it however

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page